CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Princess over charged me $400... how to get compensation? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/324583-princess-over-charged-me-400-how-get-compensation.html)

DaGecko December 12th, 2006 02:13 PM

Princess over charged me $400... how to get compensation?

Ok, only 20 years old and usually cruise with parents. But going on first cruise with friends.

Princess was supposed to refund $400 to my credit card, they verbally stated this would be done. I then expecting princess to make a reverse transaction did not make a payment on my credit card. I kept in touch with Master card to see if the payment had gone through back to my card.

It had not.

I did this for 3 weeks, I even called Princess and they stated it was returned. Well it wasnt for the whole 3 weeks and I got big time intrest charge on my credit card because 2 people at Princess screwed around.

So how do I go about getting compensation for this matter?

Irish Shark December 12th, 2006 02:19 PM

Re: Princess over charged me $400... how to get compensation

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaGecko
I got big time intrest charge on my credit card because 2 people at Princess screwed around.

How much is the big time intrest for one billing cycle for $400?

DaGecko December 12th, 2006 02:23 PM

I have 28.8% on my card.

I did not make any payment on my card because princess was supposed to refund (I gave them a 3 1/2 week period to refund it). So I got double intrested. It was around $150.

Im still going on a cruise, Febuary Caribbean Princess group of 6.

Irish Shark December 12th, 2006 02:35 PM

Only 3-1/2 weeks. You did better than I did,

Two weeks ago, I received a refund for our 11.04.05 cruise. About $450.

DaGecko December 12th, 2006 02:38 PM

They still havent refunded the money and its been almost a month and a half. So Its been 6 weeks. So how should I go about getting a little upgrade or cruise credit from them for this. ahah actually I really need to make sure I get that money back aswell.

S.S.Oceanlover December 13th, 2006 02:33 AM

Quote:

They still havent refunded the money and its been almost a month and a half. So Its been 6 weeks. So how should I go about getting a little upgrade or cruise credit from them for this. ahah actually I really need to make sure I get that money back aswell.

get your travel agent involved. They have a little more pull with their dsm .

Bill

mom_to_5 December 14th, 2006 07:41 PM

getting your refund from Princess

What method have you used to contact Princess? We had an issue like this several years ago and found that you cannot deal with them over the phone. Put your complaint in writing... over and over and over.
Don't wait weeks, if you don't have resolve after one week, write to them again with a clear and concise explanation of the overcharge and tell them you expect this to be cleared up. THEN follow up with a phone call.

Document everything. Track the date and time of every contact as well as the name of the customer service rep.

If after 2 or 3 attempts, let them know that you will get the Better Business Bureau involved. They will eventually give you the refund, but let them know that this is costing YOU money and tack on the interest charges.

tallnorthtxguy December 19th, 2006 03:05 AM

You should have used a travel agent they would get a better and faster response for you. And many times I can book people into group space saving money or else getting very nice freebies !!!

Headusher December 19th, 2006 12:42 PM

Quote:

Have you filed a dispute with your credit card company? Normally they will reimburse you the $$'s that the cruiseline charged in error and help get the issue resolved from their end. :D

Irish Shark December 19th, 2006 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headusher
Quote:

Have you filed a dispute with your credit card company? Normally they will reimburse you the $$'s that the cruiseline charged in error and help get the issue resolved from their end. :D

Well, not really. The CC company will put the disputed chrage on hold and not bill you or charge interest. They don't hand you back any $$$.

Now, you have to give them some proof that the charge is bogus and they will contact the vendor to get his side of the story.

Then they sort it out and either do a charge back to the vendor and remove the charge from your card; or if they side with the vendor, the charge stays on your CC with interest.

They have 30 days to resolve the dispute.

DaGecko December 21st, 2006 01:05 PM

The dispute took a matter of 1 min. They realized they screwed up.

I was reimbursed with $100 cruise credit for each of my group (6 of us)

Plus the $400 was returned to my card.

Irish Shark December 21st, 2006 01:18 PM

I am glad to hear that you finally got your $$$. The cruise credits ... I would asked for cash unless you plan to cruise with them in the future.

DaGecko December 22nd, 2006 02:51 AM

Whoops I mean onboard credit. We decided it would cover 2/3's of the tips. Save some money there.

Irish Shark December 22nd, 2006 12:30 PM

That's better. :D

SassyB March 14th, 2007 01:37 PM

Forgive me for being "clueless." Why did Princess do a $400 charge? Is this something I should think about before my 12/3/07 cruise to Hawaii?

Cassandra March 16th, 2007 11:44 AM

You need to write down the names, dates & times you called also.

Ask to speak to someone in Accounts Payable, bypass the Customer Service people. Payments back to customers go through accounting.