Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to DaGecko
Default Princess over charged me $400... how to get compensation?

Ok, only 20 years old and usually cruise with parents. But going on first cruise with friends.

Princess was supposed to refund $400 to my credit card, they verbally stated this would be done. I then expecting princess to make a reverse transaction did not make a payment on my credit card. I kept in touch with Master card to see if the payment had gone through back to my card.

It had not.

I did this for 3 weeks, I even called Princess and they stated it was returned. Well it wasnt for the whole 3 weeks and I got big time intrest charge on my credit card because 2 people at Princess screwed around.

So how do I go about getting compensation for this matter?
Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Princess over charged me $400... how to get compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGecko
I got big time intrest charge on my credit card because 2 people at Princess screwed around.
How much is the big time intrest for one billing cycle for $400?

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Beginner

I have 28.8% on my card.

I did not make any payment on my card because princess was supposed to refund (I gave them a 3 1/2 week period to refund it). So I got double intrested. It was around $150.

Im still going on a cruise, Febuary Caribbean Princess group of 6.
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Only 3-1/2 weeks. You did better than I did,

Two weeks ago, I received a refund for our 11.04.05 cruise. About $450.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old December 12th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Beginner

They still havent refunded the money and its been almost a month and a half. So Its been 6 weeks. So how should I go about getting a little upgrade or cruise credit from them for this. ahah actually I really need to make sure I get that money back aswell.
Old December 13th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
They still havent refunded the money and its been almost a month and a half. So Its been 6 weeks. So how should I go about getting a little upgrade or cruise credit from them for this. ahah actually I really need to make sure I get that money back aswell.
get your travel agent involved. They have a little more pull with their dsm .

Bill
Old December 14th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Beginner

Default getting your refund from Princess

What method have you used to contact Princess? We had an issue like this several years ago and found that you cannot deal with them over the phone. Put your complaint in writing... over and over and over.
Don't wait weeks, if you don't have resolve after one week, write to them again with a clear and concise explanation of the overcharge and tell them you expect this to be cleared up. THEN follow up with a phone call.

Document everything. Track the date and time of every contact as well as the name of the customer service rep.

If after 2 or 3 attempts, let them know that you will get the Better Business Bureau involved. They will eventually give you the refund, but let them know that this is costing YOU money and tack on the interest charges.
Old December 19th, 2006, 03:05 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to tallnorthtxguy Send a message via MSN to tallnorthtxguy Send a message via Yahoo to tallnorthtxguy

You should have used a travel agent they would get a better and faster response for you. And many times I can book people into group space saving money or else getting very nice freebies !!!
Old December 19th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Have you filed a dispute with your credit card company? Normally they will reimburse you the $$'s that the cruiseline charged in error and help get the issue resolved from their end.
Old December 19th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headusher
Quote:
Have you filed a dispute with your credit card company? Normally they will reimburse you the $$'s that the cruiseline charged in error and help get the issue resolved from their end.
Well, not really. The CC company will put the disputed chrage on hold and not bill you or charge interest. They don't hand you back any $$$.

Now, you have to give them some proof that the charge is bogus and they will contact the vendor to get his side of the story.

Then they sort it out and either do a charge back to the vendor and remove the charge from your card; or if they side with the vendor, the charge stays on your CC with interest.

They have 30 days to resolve the dispute.

Old December 21st, 2006, 01:05 PM
Beginner

The dispute took a matter of 1 min. They realized they screwed up.

I was reimbursed with $100 cruise credit for each of my group (6 of us)

Plus the $400 was returned to my card.
Old December 21st, 2006, 01:18 PM
Admiral

I am glad to hear that you finally got your $$$. The cruise credits ... I would asked for cash unless you plan to cruise with them in the future.

Old December 22nd, 2006, 02:51 AM
Beginner

Whoops I mean onboard credit. We decided it would cover 2/3's of the tips. Save some money there.
Old December 22nd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Admiral

That's better.

Old March 14th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Passenger

Forgive me for being "clueless." Why did Princess do a $400 charge? Is this something I should think about before my 12/3/07 cruise to Hawaii?
Old March 16th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

You need to write down the names, dates & times you called also.

Ask to speak to someone in Accounts Payable, bypass the Customer Service people. Payments back to customers go through accounting.