Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2006, 08:19 PM
Familiar Face

Default Crown Princess rooms

I am planning a cruise on the crown Princess. I have never cruised with Princess. Would like reccomendations on rooms. I am considering a balcony room. Any suggestions to which deck, or aft or forward? Thaks for your help
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Admiral

Hi rblank28,

We haven't been on the Crown Princess yet, but I'd suggest the Caribe deck, amidships or a little forward.

http://www.princess.com/ships/kp/dec...ibe_index.html

I believe that the balconies on this deck are half covered which will give you sun or shade depending on your mood!

IMO, I'd look for a cabin near (but not next to!) the laundry area if you think you'd like to wash a load or two instead of sending your laundry out.

We'd pick a cabin in the C308-C319 area. These are also close to the forward elevators and stairs and Caribe deck cabins are between other passenger cabins, so you shouldn't have a problem with noise.

JMO !

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old January 17th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Passenger

Hi rblank28, We had a Mini-Suite with a Balcony on the Crown Princess. These Suites are as wide as a balcony cabin, but have more depth. There is more sq. footage over the balcony cabins. However, most Mini-Suites are on the Dolphin Deck, and all balconies on this deck are Not covered. Balconies on the Caribe Deck are half covered, but they are wider. These cabins also cost more.
Old January 18th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

I thought the furthest aft cabins on the Dolphin deck were completely covered. Is this not true? We're in D734 which is right at the back near one of the suites. I figured the shade in July would be a welcome change.

Kim
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWS
I thought the furthest aft cabins on the Dolphin deck were completely covered. Is this not true? We're in D734 which is right at the back near one of the suites. I figured the shade in July would be a welcome change.

Kim
Kim, you are correct. I should have stated that all Dolphin Deck balconies on the Port and Starboard sides of the vessel are not covered. D734 is an aft Mini-Suite, and has a covered balcony. It's next to one of two Vista Suites which is the upgrade from a Mini-Suite.

Always keep an open mind.

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/MD11F/
Old January 19th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

[quote="Nucruzer
Kim, you are correct. I should have stated that all Dolphin Deck balconies on the Port and Starboard sides of the vessel are not covered. D734 is an aft Mini-Suite, and has a covered balcony. It's next to one of two Vista Suites which is the upgrade from a Mini-Suite.[/quote]

It would be cool if it was a mini-suite, but alas D734 is a balcony cabin and yes right next to a Vista Suite. Should be nice and quiet back there with not a lot of traffic. Let's hope the extra vibration from the aft merely lulls us to sleep. The larger balcony will help compensate if not.

Kim
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Passenger

quote: It would be cool if it was a mini-suite, but alas D734 is a balcony cabin and yes right next to a Vista Suite. Should be nice and quiet back there with not a lot of traffic. Let's hope the extra vibration from the aft merely lulls us to sleep. The larger balcony will help compensate if not.

Kim

Oops, my mistake. I looked at the deckplan and saw it was a Balcony cabin, but since I had Mini-Suite in mind, I mistakenly typed Mini-Suite. The vibration is pronounced, but I hope you'll be alright.

Always keep an open mind.

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/MD11F/