Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to gspin2k1
Default Golden Princess out of Seattle

So i'm looking to take this cruise June 30-July 7th, or maybe end of July. Just wanted to see if anyone else has cruised with the Golden Princess out of Seattle and how it was for them? The age demographic of my group is four people ages 20-27, and 2 people 50-53. Good? Bad? Iffy? Main concerns: intinerary (noticed Victoria stop is quite short at four hours), meal quality and variety, entertainment, how busy the spa/pool/gym/etc. is....thanks a bunch.
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Admiral

This will be the first time out of Seattle for Golden........we were on the Star & Diamond out of Seattle a couple of years ago.......all ages......we're in the 50 group.......

Just remember......it could be chilly......you should have a great time tho.....enjoy............

sharon
Old January 18th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Admiral

I can't help you with the ports, but i can help with some general information on the Golden.
You will find all ages aboard the Golden, she is a large ship with lots to do, you are sailing in the summer so you may find a good amount of familes with school-aged kids. Princess limits the number of kids allowed on each voyage. There are plenty of sports on board, plenty of daytime activities, the hub of daily activity is Neptune's Reef pool, it is a large pool, we never really had a problem finding deck chairs, the pool by the spa is smaller and more private. The grill on the Lido deck serves great hamburgers, hot dogs during the day. The pizza isn't bad either. We found the food in the main dining room to be of very good quality.
As for evening entertainment, we aren't big on the production shows. We did like the dance band and activites in the Explorer's Lounge. IF you want a more subdued bar check out the Wheelhouse Lounge - very nautical, leather seats, they usually have a 2-3 piece band playing easy-listening and dance music. Skywalker's Disco is a neat place, doesn't really get hoping until after 10pm.
The salon books up fast for formal nights. We never really had a problem getting a massage once on board, check your Princess Patters for daily spa specials.
Anything else?
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Golden Princess out of Seattle

gspin2k1,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
So i'm looking to take this cruise June 30-July 7th, or maybe end of July. Just wanted to see if anyone else has cruised with the Golden Princess out of Seattle and how it was for them? The age demographic of my group is four people ages 20-27, and 2 people 50-53. Good? Bad? Iffy? Main concerns: intinerary (noticed Victoria stop is quite short at four hours), meal quality and variety, entertainment, how busy the spa/pool/gym/etc. is....thanks a bunch.
That's not a bad itinerary, but I would recommend a "Voyage of the Glaciers" cruise between Vancouver and Whittier (Alaska) with a couple nights in Anchorage instead. Most of Princess's "Voyage of the Glaciers" itineraries visit both Glacier Bay and College Fjord, and Anchorage is a really great city with unusual shops, excellent restaurants, street festivals and an open air market almost every weekend in the summer, and many points of interest. If you rent a car, you also can take day trips from there to see some of Alaska's magnificent interior.

Norm.