Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Admiral

Default Customer Service

On our 9th Princess cruise, when my wife and I returned to the Grand Princess from our shore excursion in Belize (a beach break on Bannister Island), I left our bag of snorkel gear on the jet boat. When I realized it, several hours later, I figured that we’d never see it again. I did go to the Shore Excursion Desk and report what had happened, and then filled out a Lost & Found form at the Purser’s Desk. Imagine our surprise and joy when we got home this afternoon and found our snorkel bag on my front porch – intact! This was a particularly happy discovery for us, since I wear prescription lenses in my dive mask, and they’re quite expensive. Two masks, two snorkels, two sets of fins, and the Eddie Bauer mesh bag I use to carry them.

I find this particularly interesting and a superb example of the outstanding customer service provided by Princess Cruise Line to their customers. We had a totally different experience with Royal Caribbean. My wife and I are both Diamond Plus Crown & Anchor members of RC, with more than 30 cruises on Royal CaribbeanI. When we disembarked the Freedom of the Seas last spring, we realized immediately that my wife had left an expensive blouse hanging in our cabin. She immediately called Royal Caribbean, who told her that they never returned items lost by their passengers, and that the blouse would be destroyed. Yeah, right. This occurred while we were still in the disembarkation area! Some customer service.

I guess it’s pretty easy to see which cruise line is working on deserving our loyalty.
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2007, 12:00 AM
First Mate

Maybe you need a check list.
Old January 27th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Admiral

Told you you should go back to Princess!!! Good to see you posting again.

Jane

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old January 29th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Passenger

HI! Its great too hear something positive about a cruise line for a change.Seems all you hear is the bad. Thanks for sharing.
Old January 29th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

Glad to hear good stuff on cruise lines.....especialy ones we are thinking of using. But you should bring a valet with you to make sure you do not lose anything on your next cruise.......I Happen to be available for those duties!!
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old January 30th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Actually? Beg to differ on the Royal comment. We left a bag behind on Serenade of the Seas. We didn't remember it until we were at the airport in Puerto Rico.

The woman at the outside check-in by the Kiosk called the ship directly & it was shipped back to us via UPS. We received it a week later intact.

She said they get these all the time with cruise passengers & are able to arrange for items to be shipped back.
Old January 31st, 2007, 03:01 AM
Admiral

Exactely Cassandra,

Lost items of value are returned to Miami for holding and if trackable returned. Cameras etc etc. Clothing items, kids toys, towels, shoes etc etc are typically held onboard and then landed after some time to charities, kids homes, hospitals etc in the various islands. Very little if anything is destroyed.
The challenge is that everyone's clothing items are valuable to them but to everyone else they are simply used clothing.