Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Admiral

Default Lost Luggage Returned

After a thorough search of the sea of suitcases in the San Juan cruise terminal after a cruise on the Crown Princess, I finally accepted that my suitcase was MIA. I completed the missing luggage form the Princess rep gave me and went on my post cruise excursion. I contacted the missing luggage department prior to boarding my late flight home, and the rep had no information about it, but assisted me over the phone in completing another form. A few days later, I called again about it, and was told to fax yet another form to begin the search and rescue process. Okay, well, I thought I done that already...twice. But I filled it out and faxed it the number provided on the form.

Much to my surprise, FedEx delivered the suitcase to my house on the same day I was asked to complete the 3rd lost luggage form. A couple of days after the suitcase was delivered, I received a letter from Princess with instructions to complete another lost luggage form!

Moral of the story: Don't sweat the missing suitcase. After all, it's just "stuff", even if it doesn't find it's way home. Give the suitcase time to show up, and don't be trying to rush the process (like I was), even if that process seems bewildering to you.

I do wonder what happened to that suitcase. I imagine perhaps it tried to stowaway for a back to back cruise! Sigh, that I can understand.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:55 PM
Admiral

On our last cruise, we flew Virgin into SFO and then a transfer to Delta to LAS. No problems in SFO, but when we got to LAS my bag was not to be found.

Checked with the Delta reps and they showed that my bag went to Hawaii. The next day Delta delivered my bag to my home.

Too bad, they did not route me and my bag to Hawaii.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old February 19th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Admiral

On return this January and arriving way early at the airport from hell (Miami), I checked 2 bags for Continental's teensy Gulfstream plane. Well, the large one didn't make it back so had to fill out the papers. By 10 PM it was delivered to my home ... thank goodness it wasn't on the way out.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012