Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Passenger

Default What about the Pacific Princess?

Greetings!

I will be cruising May 27th on the Pacific Princess from Hawaii to Vancouver, and wondered what the Pacific Princess is like. I know it's smaller than most of Princess ships. This will be my third cruise on Princess. They have solid entertainment, good food and service. The only problem (and it's a big one) I've had with Princess is getting on and off the ships! Huge lines and lots of waiting. I don't know what they're doing wrong, but I never had this problem on other lines. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Jini
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: What about the Pacific Princess?

Jini,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Greetings!

I will be cruising May 27th on the Pacific Princess from Hawaii to Vancouver, and wondered what the Pacific Princess is like. I know it's smaller than most of Princess ships. This will be my third cruise on Princess. They have solid entertainment, good food and service.
My cruise to "French Polynesia and Samoa" aboard identical sister MV Tahitian Princess in April 2003 was one of the best of my thirteen cruises with Princess. These ships are very modern, and they have most of the amenities that you would expect on a modern cruise ship including a full spa and fitness center, a disco/night club, and two specialty restaurants (which operated on alternate evenings during my cruise).

You probably will notice four significant differences between MV Pacific Princess and other Princess ships.

>> 1. There is no "Anytime Dining."

>> 2. There is no children's center, youth center, or teen center. (Nonetheless, Princess does provide counsellors who run the respective programs when there are enough minors aboard to support it.)

>> 3. The shows are not quite as elaborate as on the larger vessels, though still very good.

>> 4. Most of the facilities are somewhat smaller and more intimate than on the larger ships.

But these ships offer Princess's standard menus, outstanding service, and pretty much everything else that you have come to expect on a Princess cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
The only problem (and it's a big one) I've had with Princess is getting on and off the ships! Huge lines and lots of waiting. I don't know what they're doing wrong, but I never had this problem on other lines. Any thoughts?
If you submit your booking information on line in advance, you'll get an express boarding pass that will let you bypass the lines.

Norm.
Old March 8th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Passenger

Norm....

Thanks for the good info. I'm looking forward to this cruise. Jini