CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   NO NURSING HOME FOR ME (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/329534-no-nursing-home-me.html)

Karlie08 March 8th, 2007 11:41 PM

NO NURSING HOME FOR ME

there will be no nursing home in my future. When I get old and feeble, I am going to get on a Princess Cruise Ship. The average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked on reservations on a Princess and I can get a long term discount and senior discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:

1. Gratuities which will only be $10 per day.

2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the restaurant, or I can have room service (which means I can have breakfast-in-bed every day of the week).

3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free washers and dryers, and shows every night.

4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.

5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5 worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.

6. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days.

7. T.V. broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress replaced? No Problem! They will fix everything and apologize for your inconvenience.

8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don't even have to ask for them.

9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip you are on Medicare; if you fall and break a hip on the Princess ship they will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.

Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see South America, the Panama Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, or name where you want to go?

Princess will have a ship ready to go. So don't look for me in a nursing home, just call shore to ship.

PS: And don't forget, when you die, they just dump you over the side -- at no charge.

Worth pondering dont yahall think?

HAPPY SAILING

ladypalmtree March 9th, 2007 09:22 AM

I have read this before..I love it..and I agree! gave a great day!

Janice Marie March 9th, 2007 01:52 PM

Priceless! Makes one stop and think, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing, Karlie.

subtropic March 9th, 2007 09:09 PM

I read an article in the NY Times some weeks ago that had the story of just what you are talking about. A woman has retired to a cabin on Princess and is on a never ending cruise and talked about the financial benefits and the care (she is always looked after by the crew) that she receives. It definitely has merit I think, as long as you are in reasonably good health.

Surfguyxxx1 March 10th, 2007 08:02 AM

I like the way you think!!!!!!!!

buoyant March 12th, 2007 07:12 PM

nursing home

Great way to think!!

kandajones March 13th, 2007 03:01 PM

Yep, that's our plan as well. Meet new people, visit new places, be looked after by friendly interesting staff, go to all the parties we can manage, and be entertained every night all from the safest environment on earth.

What more could anyone ask for?

Roll on retirement ;o)

Karlie08 March 13th, 2007 08:52 PM

NO NURSING HOME FOR ME

I just heard the other day that this is really possible now. Apparently you can buy Condos on a re- burnised cruise ship and they offer a two year world cruise. Check it out at ...www.condocruiselines.com. When I have the time I am going to research this further. It sure looks applealing in all respects.

Happy Sailing!!!

mehawk March 17th, 2007 10:39 PM

The condo ships are extremely high priced though.

Karlie08 March 20th, 2007 10:32 PM

NO NURSING HOME FOR ME

Well Rev.....why leave your money in the Will LOL Spend it while your alive I say.... :)
There not that pricey when you consider if your not sailing your renting it out and it literally could pay for itself before retirement even.Something to consider I figure depending on how close a person is to retirement.... LOL