CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Water Bottles and cost of beverages? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/330147-water-bottles-cost-beverages.html)

randga March 19th, 2007 09:16 AM

Water Bottles and cost of beverages?

It has been about 4 years since we last cruised and I have forgotten how the beverage thing works. My kids are now young adults and no longer drink a lot of sodas - one just drinks about a gallon of water a day. So my question is what is the going rate for purchased water bottles? Can I take on a case or is there some rule I am not seeing about that? Thank you!

SassyB March 19th, 2007 10:31 AM

I too am interested in the cost & availability of bottled water & sodas. Any shared information would be greatly appreciated.

Samtu March 19th, 2007 10:36 AM

Ships Water

The ships water is pretty good and it's all over the ship. Just ask at the bar for a water! Their is water in the state rooms but you have to pay for it. Or take one water with you and refill it on the ship when needed.

randga March 19th, 2007 03:20 PM

Samtu - I understand the concept but what about preparing for ports / hikes- etc. Just want some concept of what a bottle of water will cost - $1, $3, $5??

Irish Shark March 19th, 2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randga
Samtu - I understand the concept but what about preparing for ports / hikes- etc. Just want some concept of what a bottle of water will cost - $1, $3, $5??

$3.50 for a 1.5 liter bottle. + 15% tip = $4.00

CruzNut March 19th, 2007 08:45 PM

The best water on the ship is the water that comes out of the tap - it's all distilled and purer than a lot of bottle water. If you want to take a bottle of water off the ship for hiking, etc., suggest you bring an empty bottle from home and fill it at the tap.

rinker250 March 19th, 2007 10:34 PM

NCL allows one six pack of water for each passenger (brought aboard).
The iced tea and water on the Pearl were GREAT!!!!

I can promise you that the water supplied through the ship's system is as clean or cleaner than any you can buy.

AR March 20th, 2007 01:02 PM

Absolutely right. Bringing water aboard ship is like bringing coals to Newcastle. In 20+ cruises the water has been universally outstanding (because it's purified right on board!).

If you're good at trivia you stand a chance of winning a Princess sports water bottle in the first day or two. It's one of their standard prizes. Otherwise bring one of your own or buy one at the shop.

Samtu March 20th, 2007 08:50 PM

Water for Sale

Also, when we went ashore, they had water for sale as you got off the ship, but bringing the water holder on board, would be alot simpler then trying to bring on a case.

randga March 21st, 2007 11:32 AM

I am really sorry I asked the question as there are those who can drink out of the same bottle for months and those who must have fresh one every time. Well, my son is the latter. Kind of funny - I was listening to a radio station driving the other day and people called in to tell their "special" needs. One guy said he can not use the same towel twice. Must have a new one every shower! Wow....

Irish Shark March 21st, 2007 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randga
One guy said he can not use the same towel twice. Must have a new one every shower! Wow....

When on vacation, I do the same.

DavidBgood March 21st, 2007 04:18 PM

Randga

I will not drink "the stuff" they present as recycled water. I buy mine on shore and bottled.

You can take gallons of it back on ship if you want, as the only thing the ship "policemen" are interested in is alcohol coming on board, as that is seen as "robbing the ship" .

Ship "recycled" water is one thing, its free. But buy a bottle of pre packed water and depending on the ship, you can be talking $6 for less than a litre.... :shock:

Buy it ashore and stick it in the cabin fridge.

ps I also do the same for canned Cokes, Sprites, etc. Not being cheap or mean, just not prepared to be a "patsy" to ridicules ship pricing for some products.