Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Caribbean Princess Childcare Center?

Hi all,

I posted this under family cruising, but here might work better. We have a 4 yr old coming with us on this cruise and were wondering if others have used the center on Caribbean Princess. We were wondering how they get ahold of you if they need you, if anyone has used the late night babysitting groups, or had a child stay there on a port day. Also, do you tip the people working with the children at all. Thanks for any information you can give us...................happy sails.
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Caribbean Princess Childcare Center?

pcboston,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I posted this under family cruising, but here might work better. We have a 4 yr old coming with us on this cruise and were wondering if others have used the center on Caribbean Princess. We were wondering how they get ahold of you if they need you, if anyone has used the late night babysitting groups, or had a child stay there on a port day. Also, do you tip the people working with the children at all. Thanks for any information you can give us...................happy sails.
I don't have children, but in thirteen cruises on Princess I encountered many parents who spoke very highly of the program. And I have also witnessed a few verbal tugs of war between toddlers who wanted to go back to the children's center to play with other children when their mothers wanted them to get ready for dinner. And I also recall watching a parade of perhaps fifty or sixty toddlers come out of the dining room under the watchful eyes of their counsellors after their tour the galley while waiting for my own galley tour and wondering where the children had been all cruise, as I had not seen that many children anywhere about the ship.

Overall, Princess seems to have the program down to a science. It works really well. I don't know the details, but I do know that they have means in place to reach the parents if they need to.

Norm.
Old March 28th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Norm,

Thanks so much for the reply. I do love Princess, so I was sure it would be ok, its just that this is great-grandson's first cruise and the first time we are all traveling together, so his MoM, my granddaughter, had so many questions. I have heard that the children have a great time so it should be all good. Thank you again.
Old March 28th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Passenger

The princess program is one of the best. There is a high degree of security and safety. Parents must present photo ID to sign in and out their children.

Princess will issue, upon request, a pager to the parent so they may be contacted without delay, should a problem arise.
Old April 9th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Beginner

What date are you sailing? I have 4 year old twins that I'll be traveling with soon. I can update you after I get back or maybe even see you there.
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Travelwoman,

Now that is courage, traveling with 2 four-year olds! ! And I have been worrying about one! We will be on Caribbean Princess on the May 20th sailing that returns on the 27th. This is great-grandson's first cruise, first flight, too, and I am hoping that all goes well. This is a 4 generation trip also.....usually just my daughter and I have been going. I don't know if you are leaving before we are but if you are, please let me know how it all worked out........Have a great trip.......Happy sails