Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jack124
Default knew it was too good 2 be true

got off in mazatlan and right away were approached by petra of el cid to go there FREE by taxi for a FREE experience, food, beach and drink. no presentation or obligation of any kind. just go there and maybe some time we would be back and book a vacation. no time wasted on any presentation at all? no, just have a good time! well, loco norte americanos that we are, we fell for it. i tipped the taxi very heavy, walked in and now we will take a tour. no, only what we expected, food, beach and drink. yes, i know , you only get what you pay for. so el cid, you got me.
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hmmmm...sounds like the free "no obligation" show tickets in Vegas. Too bad that happened to you. Thanks for the heads up.
Old March 29th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

We actually were told the truth right up front about what we were getting ourselves into with the El Cid and we went along and listened to their presentation. It was an hour, we said no thanks and then the day was ours. we recieved free taxi, free lunch and all the drinks we wanted. It was actually no pressure and didn't take much time. We thought that that worked so well we tried to do the same thing in Puerto Vallarta and it ended up being a huge nightmare. We told them right up front we were only there for the free stuff and they laughed and 3 hours later they were still hammering us. I looked out the window and saw our one day in P.V. slipping away and I said we were leaving and he [ the time share shark ] turned down right nasty. So, what works in one place for one person may be a big mistake in another situation. Just know that you may lose your whole day, just for lunch and some promise of gifts, which we never saw Kris