CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Penthouse Suites---Sapphire Princess (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/331607-penthouse-suites-sapphire-princess.html)

Bandrews April 12th, 2007 03:47 PM

Penthouse Suites---Sapphire Princess

We are considering a suite ( PH catagory) Caribe Deck on the Sapphire Princess.

We would appreciate any and all info regarding these suites. Anyone that has booked this catagory before ? The literature makes this look tempting, but we really would appreciate some first hand knowledge.

Thanks
Bandrews

sterlingsilver April 15th, 2007 02:08 AM

Since no one has posted a reply, I will tell you our experience on the Caribbean Princess. We were upgraded to a VS suite and I want to tell
you, it was absolutely wonderful! It was difficult to downgrade to a regular cabin after that experience. We really felt pampered. Loved the free mini bar, the canapes in the afternoon (we usually ordered the chocolate covered strawberries). The free dry cleaning and laundry was great. Didn't need to pack as many clothes. We also enjoyed the dvd player and the great library of movies they provided. The full tub with jacuzzi was something we had never experienced on a cruise before and to have
a separate shower was a delight. Wife says the walk-in closet was a real plus. The double size balcony was great, but I must say we didn't spend as much time out there as we thought that we would. I never slept so well on a cruise. Their pillow menu provided just the kind of pillow that I use at home, and the bed was firm and wonderful.
Everyone needs to experience a suite at least once in their cruising life. Let me know of your decision.

Bandrews April 15th, 2007 10:21 AM

Thank you so much for your reply!! I was begining to think no one had sailed this catagory before.

We have made our decision and we are going to book this catagory. We feel as you do, we want the experience of full suite at least once.We feel an Alaskan Cruise is the perfect cruise for such an experience. Your first hand knowledge convinced us that this was the right decision.

Again, thank you for your reply.

BAndrews

Sterling Silver April 16th, 2007 07:39 PM

Good for you! You can't help but feel a little important when your stateroom has a name! (Ours was the St. Martin)
Say "hi" when you come through Juneau!

kkpcruiser July 7th, 2007 08:53 AM

I also appreciate the info on the PH category. I am looking to book our first Princess cruise having cruised on RCCL the past 4 cruises and ther seemed to be little mention of this category on this board.

Could you tell me about how big your balcony was and were there 2 lounge chairs??

mommylou46 July 28th, 2007 01:11 PM

Hope this is not too late to be of any use. New to site. We were upgraded to a Penthouse suite on our last Alaska cruise on the Diamond in June 05. It was wonderful, and made the trip even better. The balcony is double size, with wooden furniture instead of the plastic stuff on other balconies. We had a large round table, 4 chairs and 2 lounges. Another perk that you might not know about is that you can order ANYTHING on the dining room menus, not just the regular room service menu. We enjoyed a wonderful meal on our balcony while cruising the glaciers. Another extra is you get to use a lounge area while waiting for disembarkation instead of waiting with the masses in the common areas. Don't think we could swing this level of accomodation if we were paying for it, but it was a great experience. We are booked for a mini-suite on our Sept. New England Cruise, and secretly hope for another upgrade!

Janice Marie July 28th, 2007 04:18 PM

Mommylou46: When you booked your cabin did you book a category that was "waitlisted" or a specific cabin? We've always booked a specific cabin and never received an upgrade. Maybe someday the "upgrade fairy" will surprise us.

mommylou46 July 28th, 2007 08:17 PM

We have been upgraded on every cruise we have taken. Guess we have been exceptionally lucky. We have booked very early, and used an experienced travel agent. We booked the highest level mini-suite, and the penthouse suite was the next level up. We were travelling with our daughter and niece, and had made their reservations for them at the same time. They also were upgraded to the Penthouse! Unbelievable.

Bandrews July 29th, 2007 11:49 AM

:D Sterling Silver,
We would love to say "Hi" in Juneau. Let us know your location.

Thanks to all for your first hand information. We are so looking forward to our cruise (2nd to Alaska) and I think the PH Suite will make it even more memorable. :D

Bandrews

Janice Marie July 29th, 2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommylou46
We have been upgraded on every cruise we have taken. Guess we have been exceptionally lucky. We have booked very early, and used an experienced travel agent. We booked the highest level mini-suite, and the penthouse suite was the next level up. We were travelling with our daughter and niece, and had made their reservations for them at the same time. They also were upgraded to the Penthouse! Unbelievable.

Mommylou46: we booked our upcoming Alaskan cruise last December and requested the highest level balcony room. We had the opportunity to choose our stateroom, so we did. My guess is that since we,ve been assigned the room, we won't be upgraded. Hmmm...we might try booking a category next time and see what happens.

DianeTexas April 15th, 2008 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommylou46

I have had the same experience with princess arranged for a mini suite cat AA book through princess by myself and was upgraded to a penthouse suite.

some of the perks of a suite:
free laundry and dry cleaning
free internet unlimited
free mini bar once
free lotus spa thermal suite for the entire cruise
free afternoon tea service, canapes, extended room service menu

Sterling Silver April 18th, 2008 02:01 AM

Bandrews, are you still out there? I don't know what happened last year, but I never got back to the boards to see your question about giving a "shout" when you came through Juneau. Sorry, 'bout that!
How was the suite? I'm sure you enjoyed it. Hope you had good weather coming through our town. We had 10 inches of snow last night and the first ship of the season will be here in two weeks! Yuch! (I mean the snow not the ship).

Bandrews April 29th, 2008 08:21 PM

Hello Sterling Silver,

Yes we are still out here!
i haven't been on the board for several months, just starting scaning and found you.

Your advise was right on. The PH Suite was everything you said and more. It was just wonderful. The suite was large and the balcony was exceptional. Wooden furniture, large space. Several nights we ordered from the main dining room menu and ate on the balcony. We met a very nice couple the first night on board and had them and some of their friends on our balcony for cocktails before dinner. There were six of us and we were not crowded at all. Going through Glacier Bay and College Fjord we had breakfast on the balcony.

Oh my goodness, this really spoiled us for future cruises. We are planing to cruise Alaska again next year, and this time we are going to do a cruise tour for we have fallen in love with your Alaska, we are even talking about the Iditarod. We have been Iditarod fans for the past 5 years, watching only from the computer but really want to see it in person.

We would love to stop by Juneau and say Hi. Just tell us where you are and we can say Hi in person.
Look forward to hearing from you.