Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Do single guys go in cruises?
Yes 2 66.67%
No 0 0%
You're kidding everyone is married!!! 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to lizgoldcoast
Default Single and cruising for the first time....

I'm a 36 year old single mum and have just booked a 10 day cruise over new years with a girl friend of mine. Just wanting to hear from other people ... if you're a single girl..... were there many single guys on your cruise? Also I'd like to hear from single guys that have been on cruises - do they actually go on them???? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks Not looking to meet "Mr Right" just wanting to have loads of fun.
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2007, 02:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Single and cruising for the first time....

lizgoldcoast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I'm a 36 year old single mum and have just booked a 10 day cruise over new years with a girl friend of mine. Now I'm having fears that the cruise is going to be full of couples and retirees. Please please tell me your experience - if you're a single girl..... were there many single guys on your cruise? Also I'd like to hear from single guys that have been on cruises - do they actually go on them???? It didn't occur to me until after I booked that it's probably not the kind of holiday a single guy would book??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks
I'm a single gent, and I have taken twenty-tw cruises over the last nine years or so. On most of them, I have been "flying solo" and eager to meet single ladies.

There is a tendency on the part of many travel agents to steer single passengers to certain cruise lines, with the consequence that typical cruises on those lines do have more single passengers, both male and female, in terms of raw numbers. Nonetheless, those lines may or may not be a good match for you based upon your personal style and your tastes. They probably would be a good match if you hang out in singles bars, but not such a good match if you don't. Your odds of meeting a compatible gent will be much better if you choose a cruise line that's a good match for your style and tastes. Of course, there's no guarantee that you'll meet such gents on every cruise and on some cruises you may meet several.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.