Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Passenger

Default Golden Princess 4-22-07 Cruise Pics

Jack and I just returned from our Mexican Riviera cruise on Golden Princess. We are sailing Golden again in October and cannot wait! We will post a review shortly. In the meantime, here are a few links to the pictures we took.

Golden Princess Interiors: http://travel.webshots.com/album/558900084qaMmub
Golden Princess Exteriors: http://travel.webshots.com/album/558902663QxerxO
Mexican Riviera Ports: http://travel.webshots.com/album/558901204evVMmv
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Beautiful pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing them. I would love to see the Mexican Riviera in the near future. Hope you had a great time on your cruise.
Adventure of the Seas - 8/06
Navigator of the Seas - 8/05
Celebrity Century - 8/04
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for sharing the pics. We're sailing on the Golden in Sept. First time on this ship. She looks beautiful!
Old June 16th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Beginner

Default Golden Princess - Mexican Riveria

cljw - Thanks for the pics. I have been searching for information about the Golden Princess and your message was extremely helpful. We are booked on an October 2007 Mexican Riveria cruise, but to tell the truth after reading many review about the ship, I have some serious concerns. I have read complaints about the condition of the ship, i.e., uncomfortable, worn mattresses; frayed carpeting; dirty balconies; less than happy staff; as well as, an overall old ship that needs repair. Did you find this to be the case?

We sailed on RCCL Navigator of the Seas last year and found that ship to be immaculate. I am fairly particular about attention to such details and would be very disheartened if Princess (specifically the Golden Princess) was not up to the standards/quality Princess touts.

My hope and reason in booking with Princess (this would be our first Princess cruise) is that they are considered to be a notch above Royal Caribbean. I don't want to be disappointed and I still have time to make other plans. Your posting was such that it gave me the impression you took a thorough look around and can give me an objective opinion. We are currently booked in a BB balcony cabin on the Aloha deck. Thanks to your pictures I now see a HUGE overhang from the deck above...hmm?

I look forward to your response.

I would welcome responses regarding the Golden Princess from others regarding the overall condition and experience.
Old June 16th, 2007, 11:46 AM
First Mate

Thanks for sharing such wonderful, detailed photos. We leave in 14days and I have already seen some places to hide out since we are traveling this time without a balcony.
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)

Carnival Dream

Have a great cruise all!! 8)
Old June 16th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Golden Princess - Mexican Riveria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag7
cljw - Thanks for the pics. I have been searching for information about the Golden Princess and your message was extremely helpful. We are booked on an October 2007 Mexican Riveria cruise, but to tell the truth after reading many review about the ship, I have some serious concerns. I have read complaints about the condition of the ship, i.e., uncomfortable, worn mattresses; frayed carpeting; dirty balconies; less than happy staff; as well as, an overall old ship that needs repair. Did you find this to be the case?

We sailed on RCCL Navigator of the Seas last year and found that ship to be immaculate. I am fairly particular about attention to such details and would be very disheartened if Princess (specifically the Golden Princess) was not up to the standards/quality Princess touts.

My hope and reason in booking with Princess (this would be our first Princess cruise) is that they are considered to be a notch above Royal Caribbean. I don't want to be disappointed and I still have time to make other plans. Your posting was such that it gave me the impression you took a thorough look around and can give me an objective opinion. We are currently booked in a BB balcony cabin on the Aloha deck. Thanks to your pictures I now see a HUGE overhang from the deck above...hmm?

I look forward to your response.

I would welcome responses regarding the Golden Princess from others regarding the overall condition and experience.
Hi. We found the condition of the Golden to be just fine. The mattress was OK - had no trouble sleeping on it (and the sheets had been upgraded to the new bedding). The pillows weren't great, but we never asked for new ones, which they would have provided - our bad Didn't notice any frayed carpeting and our balcony was very clean.

Crew was quite friendly - our wait staff and the bartenders at the Promenade Bar especially. Oh, can't forget the Maitre'D (sp), Francesco. he took such great care of us.

The BBs on Aloha will have an overhang fromt he pool deck. Where on Aloha are you, because some of the Aloha cabins are under the pools.

Also, which October cruise are you on? We've booked the Golden again for October 6th and are really looking forward to it.
Old June 16th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrwnEyedGirl
Thanks for sharing such wonderful, detailed photos. We leave in 14days and I have already seen some places to hide out since we are traveling this time without a balcony.
Glad you liked! We hope you have a great time - we sure did!