Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Passenger

Default Helpful Hints

I am looking for any advice for cruising to Alaska. We are booked on the Saphire Princess with departure from Vancouver, BC and ending at Whitter.
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Marguerite

Alaska was my last pick for a vacation. It had always been my husband's dream. So, not with my heart set on this vacation, I reluctantly agreed. We have been to many places and I have to say that was probably the best trip I was ever on!! It it just breathtaking. The scenery moves you to tears! The excursions were great. You will absolutely be so happy that you chose Alaska! we sailed on Holland America that year. However, last year's crusie was on The Sapphire princess & we loved it!! If you have any questions please Email me.

Marg
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Admiral

Leave time to see some of Vancouver (and if possible Victoria), reserve a balcony cabin, take the Yukon train tour to Carcross (even get your passport stamped there), and in Juneau spend some time at the Red Dog Saloon !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Passenger

We have a balcony cabin on the Baja deck. We will arrive in Vancouver a day prior to departure. Any suggestions of what to see there. I've read a lot, but just don't know what is best.
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

You will be so pleased.
We prefer this itinerary our of Vancouver. More scenery to view leaving Vancouver, plus this cruise takes you all the way to Whittier/Anchorage which IMO is great. You will probably have some time in Anchorage unless you have an early flight. If you have a late flight Princess will bus you (if you have purchased the land transfers) into Anchorage to the Eagan Convention Center where you can store your luggage. (free of charge) and then explore Anchorage. Our flight out of Anchorage wasn't until 7:00 PM so we had a large part of the day to explore. Buses leave every 30 minutes to the Air Port, last one is at 6:30 PM and you don't want to miss that one. Also no charge if you have purchased the ground transfers.

We arrived a day early in Vancouver and toured the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain by Tram. Breathtaking Scenery. Princess does not offer PRE-Cruise tours in Vancouver . We found a tour company that offfers several tours and we were not sorry. Wonderful guide and amazing scenery. If interested let me know. These tours can be booked via e-mail or telephone. Very professionally done and the price was 85.oo for the seven hour tour.
There are other things to do without a guide. You can take the SkyTrain or the Trolley and ride around the City, Sea Bus to the North Shore (Capilano Bridge) or walk around Vancouver (Gas Town) or explore Stanley Park which is very near Canada Place where you will embark, just to name a few.
If you have any questions just let me know. ALASKA IS JUST AWSOME!
Gives new meaning to the phrase "takes your breath away"

Bandrews