Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2007, 11:12 AM
Beginner

Default Formal Night on 15 day Cruise

We are goin on the Diamond Princess to Hawaii on Sept. 19, 2007. I would like to know if anyone knows what nights are the formal nights. There are supposed to be three.
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2007, 01:07 PM
First Mate

Usually on a 15 dayer, there are 2 formal nights. Usually, the 2nd night at sea, and the other---can't remember on a sea night the last week. Sorry--brain freeze

RCL Radiance
CCL Splendor
HAL Zaandam
CCL Elation
CCL Spirit
HAL Statendam 2x
HAL Ryndam 2x
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Formal Night on 15 day Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by PayrollSue
We are goin on the Diamond Princess to Hawaii on Sept. 19, 2007. I would like to know if anyone knows what nights are the formal nights. There are supposed to be three.
The first one, normally is on the second day at sea. The other two, are normally on the return trip. The last one is usually on the second night out from the end of voyage and will have the 'Champagne Water Fall."

De Oppresso Liber - RLTW
Old June 11th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

We are also traveling on the Diamond on Sept 19 also. Have you thought about what excursions you are going to take? I also was wondering about the formal nights. No too many I hope.
Old June 16th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Passenger

We are taking this same cruise but in Oct. Not really worrying about the formal nights as we will go somewhere else on the ship to eat on those nights.
How many days before your cruise was your shore trips open to book?
We are at 110 days and they still are not open.

Please post back on how the trip was or PM us.
Enjoy all

Old June 16th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Admiral

On our Princess cruises, the shore tours opened about 90 to 120 days before the sail date. ---- Sometimes they open a little earlier; sometimes a little later.

Keep checking everyday.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old June 16th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Passenger

Thanks Shark,
By the looks of it. You must be the guy to ask about cruise info. It appears your here a LOT.

Thanks again

Old June 24th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Passenger

We are also cruising on the September 19th sailing. This will be our 26th cruise but our first 15 night cruise. Can someone help with packing suggestions. Do you pack or do you send things out to be cleaned? I have had somethings washed on shorter trips but was just wondering what has worked from someone who has cruised this long. Also other than the formal nights , How did you dress?
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillydog
We are also cruising on the September 19th sailing. This will be our 26th cruise but our first 15 night cruise. Can someone help with packing suggestions. Do you pack or do you send things out to be cleaned? I have had somethings washed on shorter trips but was just wondering what has worked from someone who has cruised this long. Also other than the formal nights , How did you dress?
Bit of both The wife took 15 dresses on our last cruse I must admit I do enjoy the formal nights but it will be interesting this next one as we are only allowed one case each baggage restrictions we took 3 on the last one 2.5 for the wife and a bit of space for me

I take one DJ and trimmings 4 starched shirts with winged collars and 7 normal shirts the normal shirts I send to the cleaners’ on the Princesses ships they have fill a bag day for $10.00 if you fold the clothes you can get quite a lot in the bag

Barrie,
Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:16 AM
First Mate

I have a problem with the laundry service on Princess & we get it free as past cruisers. There're dryers are much to hot & will shrink things like underwear & socks to the point I couldn't use them any more. They washed & ironed my golf shirts alright but any stains were still there until my wife washed them at home & used a little shout before laundering. (if you do use the service bring something to pre-treat items)
I'd use the service again (only in a pinch) but don't expect miracles.