Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Passenger

Default Cruise Line Transfers vs. Cab (FLL)

I've never cruised from this port, and I'm wondering whether it is better to book a transfer or just take a cab. I've read that a cab ride is quicker and cheaper, since the port is so close. Is this true?

Emerald Princess 11.16.07
Maasdam Nov.'05
Dawn Princess Jan.'03
Grand Princess Dec.'02
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2007, 11:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

A cab will cost $14 to $16 with the tip. The cruise line charges $10 P/P and treat you like a herd of cattle. By all means just take a cab.
Jim..
Old June 13th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Admiral

I agree with Jim-- at this port, take a cab . It's less hassle and the cost is right around $ 14-15.00 . The last time I was there, we took a cab from the ship to the airport even though we had paid for the transfer with Princess. It was still worth it the extra money.
Old June 13th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

[b]Another thing I forgot to mention is when taking a cab from the ship to the airport is that you are there before the other 1500 or so people from each ship that are using the Princess transfers. The last time I used their transfers I almost missed my flight because of the long lines from the buses from 6 ship that came in at the same time. Now, when I take a cab I am already checked in when the thundering herds arrive.
Have a great cruise.
Jim
Old June 13th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Admiral

There's another advantage to the cab - you get it right near your airline's entrance/exit area. You have to go down quite a ways to catch the bus at the airport and they will drop you off at the same area on your return which means you have to get a skycap or cart your own luggage to the proper place which is a bit of a hike. And, both ways on the bus, they wait until the bus is pretty full before they'll even move. There are plentiful cabs at the port so don't worry about that.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old June 14th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Passenger

WOW! Thanks for all the great replies!! I had not thought about the check-in lines at the airport. No more transfers for this passenger.....Thanks again to everyone!

Emerald Princess 11.16.07
Maasdam Nov.'05
Dawn Princess Jan.'03
Grand Princess Dec.'02
Old June 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Passenger

the problem with princess transfers is that you have to wait until the bus is full and loaded and then wait until the luggage is unloaded and everyone gets off. We were in a rush to make an early flight of course our bags were the last off the bus. We made it but next time I'm taking a cab for sure.