Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2007, 01:23 PM
Beginner

Default Advise on excursions in the Mexican Riveria in Oct on Golden

We are cruising for the first time on Golden Princess 10-13-07, and we are very excited! We need advice on excursions for PV, Cabo, and Mazatlan. We have our own snorkeling equipment and definately want to do that, and we have heard Cabo is the best place. We would also like to sight see, and we are adventerous (mostly :-). Some of the reviews have stated that booking excursions off the ship is a better way to go. Also, when we were in Grand Caymans we jumped off the ship and snorkeled right there off the dock. Does this cruise itenary have the same sort of set up? I have only been on one other Cruise Navigator of the Seas on RC, but we had 4 kids with us--YIKES. So any advice on Princess cruises or excursions would be very appriciated.

Thanks!

Heather (Indiana)
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Passenger

We snorkled in Cabo and it was ok but the trip was very fun...we actually did whale watching on the way and way back. The zip line excurtion is a must for anyone in PV, the hights I thought was going to scare me but I felt safer doing the zip lines than standing looking over my balcony.....lol,

As for booking the the excurtions through the ship or not......all I can say is if a vehicle brakes down on a ship run excurtion they wait for you. It would cost a lot more to get the next port than the 20-50 you might save on the excurtion.

I researched the Zip Line excurtion and by the time you took a cab to the pick up area for the zip line and back there wasn't much savings....and no they do not pick you up at the ship like the ship tours do..

Ask any questions you like....

Rick
Old June 25th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Beginner

Were you on the same Mexican Riveria cruise? The zip line sounds great, and it is good to hear someone who came out alive?!!!?!? We are both scared to death of heights but we are thinking about conquering it on this trip. Thanks for the info. There are so many excursions to pick from at the 3 ports it is hard to know what to pick. I wish the whales were in season when are going b/c that would be a must see!
Old June 25th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Advise on excursions in the Mexican Riveria in Oct on Go

Heather,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
We are cruising for the first time on Golden Princess 10-13-07, and we are very excited! We need advice on excursions for PV, Cabo, and Mazatlan. We have our own snorkeling equipment and definately want to do that, and we have heard Cabo is the best place. We would also like to sight see, and we are adventerous (mostly :-). Some of the reviews have stated that booking excursions off the ship is a better way to go. Also, when we were in Grand Caymans we jumped off the ship and snorkeled right there off the dock. Does this cruise itenary have the same sort of set up? I have only been on one other Cruise Navigator of the Seas on RC, but we had 4 kids with us--YIKES. So any advice on Princess cruises or excursions would be very appriciated.

Thanks!
Okay, here goes...

>> In [b]Cabo San Lucas[/i], be sure to take a boat excursion that visits "Los Arcos" ("The Arches") at "Land's End." There are several boat excursions that combine this destination with various activities, including snorkeling.

>> In Mazatlan, the tour of the city highlights and the show by the Pampatla Fliers would be an excellent choice for your first visit. There probably is an excursion that includes snorkeling, if you must, but the city is also quite interesting.

>> In Puerto Vallarta, Princess offers an outstanding shore excursion called "Tequilla Factories and Beach" that visits two (2) tequilla distilleries and then goes to a beach resort. Both distilleries produce only the highest grade ("100% blue agave" or "100% agave azul") of tequilla, but one uses the modern method while the other uses he traditional method. The distillery that uses the traditional method also sells outstanding liqueurs made from its tequilla (the mandarin liqueur is my personal favorite, but YMMV).

Have a fantastic cruise!

Norm.