Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:23 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to RECON
Default Anytime-vs-Freestyle

Can anyone compare the two different dining options.? We`ve done the free-style on Norwegian a few times and really enjoyed it,and never had a problem getting a table for two. Does Princess have the option of tables for two or are you always seated with a group? There are some nights when you just feel like being alone. Do I need to reserve a table or can I just show up and request to be seated alone?
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Anytime-vs-Freestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECON
Can anyone compare the two different dining options.? We`ve done the free-style on Norwegian a few times and really enjoyed it,and never had a problem getting a table for two. Does Princess have the option of tables for two or are you always seated with a group? There are some nights when you just feel like being alone. Do I need to reserve a table or can I just show up and request to be seated alone?
You may encounter a bit of a wait for a table for 2 but they are available. Allegedly you can reserve but we were told we couldn't.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:05 AM
Passenger

On our princess cruise we had tables for two and only had to wait once for abot 10 mins. Also we could reserve if we wanted to but truly never felt the need. Our ship was fully booked and we were shocked at just how easy it was to get a table at any time. Sometimes our son joined us.

Anytime worked so well for us, freestyle....it might have been that particular cruise but NCL just doesn't compare to Princess for service or food.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:11 AM
Admiral

On our last Golden cruise, the first night we were put at a table for four. However we were the first to be seated. I told the waiter that no one else was coming and he cleared the other two spots.

On the way out, I told Catalina that we wanted that table for the rest of the cruise. No problem.

I find that the regular table for two is too small.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old July 4th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Anytime-vs-Freestyle

RECON,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
One other difference of which you should be aware is that "Personal Choice" on Princess does NOT mean that dress codes are optional. Rather, Princess's stated policy is that the prescribed evening attire applies throughout the ship, except designated "casual" areas, after 6:00 PM, though enforcement of the dress codes is inconsistent at best.

Norm.
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Admiral

We had a problem with "anytime dining". We liked our waiters the 1st night, and wanted the same table the rest of the week, but were told we couldn't reserve. Then we were told we could, but only after a certain time of day. Then we had a problem inviting another couple to join us for dinner, there was always some excuse why we couldn't get what we wanted. Next time, we're going with a set dining time.

donna