Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Golden Princess -Alaska Dining Menus 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had the menus for the Golden Princess from THIS season in Alaska. If so, please post them. We are sailing in a few weeks and I would like to figure out which days we should try the specialty restaurants.

Any information is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Golden Princess -Alaska Dining Menus 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy2800
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone had the menus for the Golden Princess from THIS season in Alaska. If so, please post them. We are sailing in a few weeks and I would like to figure out which days we should try the specialty restaurants.

Any information is greatly appreciated!
Yes, I have every night's dinner menus from our Golden cruise to Alaska in early June of this year. Now, I just need to scan them in and post them on my web site. Might happen this weekend -- stay tuned!

Also, we ate at the Sterling on Monday night (Juneau). Don't think we missed much in the Dining Room that night as you will see from the menus I'll post soon. In addition, I thought the best night to eat in a Specialty Restaurant would have been on Friday night (Victoria). It all depends if you have anything planned in Victoria. Since most people "eat and run" to get off the ship, the regular dining room menu isn't as elaborate as other nights.

NEXT UP:
Sapphire Princess - April 2008
Auckland, NZ to Sydney, Australia
Followed by Australian Outback Land Tour
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Re: Golden Princess -Alaska Dining Menus 2007

[quote="AlaskaGolden"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy2800
[color=darkblue][b]---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I have every night's dinner menus from our Golden cruise to Alaska in early June of this year. Now, I just need to scan them in and post them on my web site. Might happen this weekend -- stay tuned!

Also, we ate at the Sterling on Monday night (Juneau). Don't think we missed much in the Dining Room that night as you will see from the menus I'll post soon. In addition, I thought the best night to eat in a Specialty Restaurant would have been on Friday night (Victoria). It all depends if you have anything planned in Victoria. Since most people "eat and run" to get off the ship, the regular dining room menu isn't as elaborate as other nights.
Hi Todd,

I can't wait until you post these menus. This will help us decide where to dine each night! I appreciate your help. When did you sail on the Golden? Do you have any suggestions or tips for us? Please share!

Have a great night!
8) Robin
Old July 15th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Passenger

Here's a link to the menus:

http://www.alexlucy.com/friendspage/...cessmenus.html

As for tips:

If this is your first time on a Princess Ship, try to do everything on the ship you are interested in doing:
  • Go to the shows
    See the comedian
    Go to the demonstrations
    Take the behind the scenes tours
    Swim in every pool
    Go to the spa
    Use the sauna and steam rooms
    Take a dip in the hot tubs (especially the ones on deck 16, aft!)
    Listen to the lectures
    Enjoy the string quartet
    Have a drink (or two) at a bar (or two!)
    Relax on your balcony (if you have one!)
    Eat whenever you like
    Workout at the gym (especially after all the eating)
    Use the stairs instead of the elevators if you can (again, helps keep off the pounds from all the eating)
    Be sure to enjoy your vacation with all the running around!

NEXT UP:
Old July 19th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaGolden
Here's a link to the menus:

http://www.alexlucy.com/friendspage/...cessmenus.html

As for tips:

If this is your first time on a Princess Ship, try to do everything on the ship you are interested in doing:
  • Go to the shows
    See the comedian
    Go to the demonstrations
    Take the behind the scenes tours
    Swim in every pool
    Go to the spa
    Use the sauna and steam rooms
    Take a dip in the hot tubs (especially the ones on deck 16, aft!)
    Listen to the lectures
    Enjoy the string quartet
    Have a drink (or two) at a bar (or two!)
    Relax on your balcony (if you have one!)
    Eat whenever you like
    Workout at the gym (especially after all the eating)
    Use the stairs instead of the elevators if you can (again, helps keep off the pounds from all the eating)
    Be sure to enjoy your vacation with all the running around!
Hi Todd,

This is awesome! Thanks! We always walk the stairs. My rule, no elevators! Now I just need to figure out which night we should try a specialty restaurant and which one to choose. HMMMMM... Any suggestions? Also, do you know about spinning on the ship? How were the bikes,instructor, and can you clip into the pedals, or do you use regular sneakers?

Thanks again!
Robin
Old July 23rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
Passenger

We were on the Golden from June 9 to June 16. I'd recommend going to a Specialty Restaurant either on Monday or Friday nights (the nights immediately after Formal nights). It seems the menus/food on these nights aren't anything special.

Yes, they had spinning classes. I don't spin so I can't comment on the instructors or the clips. I just use the funky elliptical machines (more like a combo of an elliptical and a stair master), the machines and the free weights.

NEXT UP: