Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Beginner

Default Looking for anyone on Emerald Princess 6/22 - 7/4

LOST LUGGAGE ANYONE?

I have major concerns about future cruising in Europe. I was told by Emerald Princess First Person Graham Kelley that the airports around Europe where Princess Embarks from can no longer handle the amount of people traveling through their countries. Not only was my luggage lost but so was the luggage bleonging to the 6 other people I was traveling with. Not one bag EVER arrived and most STILL have not been returned. We traveled for 12 days with only the clothes on our back that we arrived in. Princess Cruises assumes no liabiity so be prepared if you are trveling to Europe anytime soon. We embarked out of Barcelona on June 22, 2007.

I am looking for anyone else that was effected by this "mishap". There were over 200 pieces of missing luggage while we on board the Emerald Princess. The Pursor's Desk was a madhouse the entire time. Also, if anyone has any recommendations of what we can do, Iw ould relaly appreciate any information. For now, we continue to get the run around.

Thank you for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Passenger

I am a little confused here...Why would you have major concerns about CRUSING in Europe??

...Did the airport lose your luggage or did Princess???

If the airport lost your luggage why would Princess be held liable?? Hopefully you had insurance??

That said, I feel for you, I have had my luggage lost twice, once in the States and just now here in Canada.

I always bring a carry-on...with two complete outfits....just in case.....
Old July 17th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Beginner

Sorry, I guess I did jump around a little. I booked my air through Princess, ultimately making them responsible. Just like when my employess don't get the job done, it's ultimately my responsibility. I am concerned b/c Princess is continuing to book cruises through the ports that are having the biggest luggage problems. While in Barcelona, there were thousands (literally) of pieces of luggage randomly scattered in Baggage Claim. My biggest concern is for the reasoning that Princess gave us for the mishandling.....the airports that they are using are understaffed and illequipped to handle the amount of tourism coming to them from around the world. The Baggage Handlers are going/on (still unsure) strike contantly as they are union and really do not care about our personal items. I'm not saying I'll never go back, I'm saying that I will fly in the day before and not the day of embarkation like I usually do. Maybe that way, I won't be one, or in our case 7 in the middle of 3500. My biggest problem with Princess is that they did nothing to help us. I'm use to customer service not hearing NO every where I turn. Thank you for your sympathy.
Old July 18th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Beginner

I was on this ship. I heard about the baggage incident. We always fly into port a day early and book our own airfare so that we have control over which airline we fly and connection times. It is worth the piece of mind and extra expense for the hotel room.

That being said, upon disembarkation in Venice, we had a 6:10am flight out of Venice. We tagged our luggage the night before with the correct colored tags provided by Princess and watched them take our luggage away. When we arrived at the airport in Venice, one of our bags was missing. They shoved them all together and it was absolute chaos trying to find 4 bags. The Princess rep at the airport was a nightmare. He didn't want to write up our claim of our missing bag, even though the clock was ticking for us to get checked in and on our flight. He said the airline would wait for us. I sarcastically replied that I was glad that he had control over airline departures and security lines. Finally, he filled out the claim form. There were 5 other individuals in the first departure that also had missing bags but according to the Princess rep, this never happens!!! Next time, I will carry my own bag off of the ship. They have found the bag, still in Venice, but now we have to go through the process of proving it is ours.
Old July 19th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Beginner

I was on the cruise after you, we departed from Venice on 7/4/2007 and we ended in Rome. It was in Rome that my bag was lost. I was in the "Yellow" group to disembark and I watched the porter take our five bags from our room the night before disembarkation. The yellow tag group was for passengers who had booked Princess hotels in Rome. When I got to the Crown Plaza hotel, ony four of our bags showed up. There were two other passengers who were missing bags. One of the bags was deposited in the wrong room, my bag and the other passenger's bag were not found.

Princess personnel in Rome were absolutely no help. The staff at the Crown Plaza hotel tried to help. Nobody from Princess, even in the USA, can tell me where my bag is. They can't even tell me if my bag made it off of the ship. There is absolutely no accounting for the bags. They have you pile them up and then they sort them at the port. They do not know how many bags you left out in the hallway and how many should be at each hotel.

Princess doens't care about your bags, you already paid for the cruse!
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:04 PM
Beginner

Well, my mom received her lost bag from Venice. Everything was there. Good deal.