Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Beginner

Default Age Range

What is the age range on Princess cruises? I've been told that its mostly for an older crowd. My husband and I are in our late 20's and are thinking of booking a Panama Canal Cruise on Princess this November/December.
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Admiral

It is older than Carnival or RCCL, but not as old as HAL or Cunard. On a Panama Canal cruise I would say that you are definitely on the younger side. This cruise tends to attract an older clientele as do the cruises to Alaska. You shouldn't let that stop you from crusing though.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old August 13th, 2007, 01:04 AM
Admiral

Don't worry about the age of the passengers - you'll have a fine time. There are nice and interesting people in all age groups - and a few jerks, too ... again in all age groups.

If you're going on the Coral, it's a great cruise (I've done it 3 times). I'd also highly recommend that you do the Ferry boat shore excursion which goes from the Atlantic to the Pacific and through the other 2 locks - fascinating. Do NOT take the train trip - they go so fast you can't take pix and it's mostly 2 long bus rides on either end.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old August 14th, 2007, 09:04 AM
First Mate

It's hard to predict but on a ten day cruise I would expect to have an older crowd on the ship although if it's around thanksgiving they're might be some families with younger kids.
Old August 14th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Also depends on the embarkation port. If you're leaving from Ft. Lauderdale and it's a cruise of longer than 7 nights, the average age range may increase a bit.

We did a 10-night Panama Canal trip out of Ft. Lauderdale several years ago on the Island Princess and this was by FAR the highest average age we've seen on any cruise. We actually sailed with CruzNut who posted above. Just as she noted, you'll have fun regardless. Like everywhere in life, you'll find great people regardless of age and an occasional jerk no matter where you go or what you do!

We were in out late 30's when we sailed on this ititerary if that helps any.
Old August 15th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Admiral

Hi Sasco ... thought that was you. Long time no post. Hope things are going well for both of you. As you can see I got a Bichon - she's now 18 months and a doll! Named Muffy.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Admiral

KBC JD - go for it. Panama Canal is an amazing cruise. Canal cruises tend to attract an older crowd on any line. You will find a wide range of ages and experiences on your cruise.As the others have mentioned age is relative, you can find good people and the occasional jerks no matter what the age is.
Old August 17th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Passenger

There are always other folks in your age group. Besides, most of us in the "older group" are only that way on the exterior. On the interior we're as young as you.

Just about a Senior
Old August 18th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Beginner

Default Thank you!

Thanks for your comments. We booked the November 30th Panama Canal Cruise on the Coral Princess. We're both really looking forward to it!
Old August 19th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Carnival and RCCL = bias toward younger cruisers. HAL and Princess = bias toward older cruisers. Long cruises = bias toward older cruisers. Bigger ship = bias toward families and younger cruisers. The further the ports away from the US = the greater the bias toward older cruisers. Leave from a foriegn port = bias toward older cruisers. High dollar = bias toward older cruisers. Spring break = bias toward younger cruisers. Holidays=bias toward families.

All that said, it is you who make your cruise a good experience, not the mix of passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtropic
It is older than Carnival or RCCL, but not as old as HAL or Cunard. On a Panama Canal cruise I would say that you are definitely on the younger side. This cruise tends to attract an older clientele as do the cruises to Alaska. You shouldn't let that stop you from crusing though.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas