Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to RECON
Default Specialty Restaurants on the Dawn

Could use some info on the specialty restaurants onboard the Dawn. I`m always up for a good steak,is Sterlings worth the extra doe? I ate in Cagney`s on NCL and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can anyone compare the two? Also can I make reservations before we sail? Thanx a bunch
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Specialty Restaurants on the Dawn

RECON,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Could use some info on the specialty restaurants onboard the Dawn. I`m always up for a good steak,is Sterlings worth the extra doe? I ate in Cagney`s on NCL and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can anyone compare the two? Also can I make reservations before we sail? Thanx a bunch
Although I took several cruises aboard this ship and her sisters, I never ate in the Sterling Steakhouse on any of them. Princess's main dining rooms always had great menus that I would not have wanted to miss.

Norm.
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:07 PM
First Mate

We ate in Sterlings on both the Star and Carib in Feb. and had wonderful steaks both times wold suggest that you look at the menus in the main dining room and am sure you will find a nite that is not spectacular the entire cruise. Do not pick either of the formal nites as these are usually the best in the main dining room.
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Passenger

We ate in the Dawn's Sterling Steakhouse last week on a night when the regular dining room menu didn't appeal to us. It's located on the starboard side of the buffet restaurant (Horizon Court), so a little strange. Seems it was wedged into the only available spot on the ship. They did fix it up a bit with tablecloths, candles, etc in order to distance it a bit from it's morning and daytime function.

The service was excellent. The food was also good. My halibut was delicious and DH enjoyed his steak -- a larger portion than is usually served in the dining room.

Overall, I'd say we felt it was worth the surcharge. You need to be able to get over the fact it's a converted buffet dining area, though. We weren't troubled by it ourselves.

Enjoy!

Carnival Inspiration June 2007 - Grand Cayman & Cozumel
Dawn Princess August 2007 - North to Alaska