CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Transportation San Pedro (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/338508-transportation-san-pedro.html)

dptt August 22nd, 2007 04:23 PM

Transportation San Pedro

What are the fees from SAN PEDRO CRUISE PORT to LA AIRPORT for 4 adults. Please suggest the best and the qiuckest means of transportation. THANK YOU.

CaptainEdwardJohnSmith August 22nd, 2007 04:52 PM

dptt,
just across the street from the cruisehship terminal, there is an Enterprise Rent a Car office. I think the address is something like 500N Harbor Blvd, look it up on the Enterprise website.
I have rented a car from them numerous times after we return from cruises and they have always been nice enough to waive the drop-off charge. I usually rent the cheapest car, around $20 for a day.
That may be on easy and inexpensive way to get to LAX!

On the other hand, Super Shuttle will cost you approx $30 each to LAX.

Hope that helps

Captain

oh, btw, they will also pick you up from the cruiseship terminal if you haev a reservation

Ajbolit January 29th, 2010 08:09 PM

It appears that Enterprize is the only rental company that is located close enough to the port to provide free shuttle. However, we are sailing on Sapphire on Saturday and I was told that that particular rental office closes at 12 p.m. on Saturdays, so that we need to return our rental car at the latest by 11 a.m. - what a joke :mad:
Anyone was able to figure out the best way to get to San Pedro? We were hoping to get to LA Friday night, get rental and do some sightseen in the morning prior to departure - never had a trouble with that plan in Florida. Was under impression that Princess is an upscale cruise line, but they definitely choosen a port in the middle of nowhere :(
Any suggestions for the hotels around LAX or SNA? Anyone found a rental company other than Enterprize with the shuttle service to the port?

huffca February 13th, 2010 10:41 PM

Check with your TA. I know I have arranged shuttle through them for my Princess Cruise. :-)

DKP February 14th, 2010 09:20 AM

We have cruised out of San Pedro three times and each time used Super Shuttle for transportation from LAX to San Pedro. The cost was $17.00 per person. There wer two couples and we had our own van, did not have to wait to fill the van. Hope this helps.

Dennis

Nurse Debra February 14th, 2010 05:33 PM

As the Captain said, renting a car is a good suggestion. We were able to rent a car at the airport the night before our cruise and then drove to the Reagan Library the next morning and spent a wonderful few hours. On the way back to LA, we dropped our luggage at the pier and returned the car near the pier and hopped a cab for a short ride back to the pier. There were just two of us, so because of luggage you might need a minivan if you choose to do it this way.

Debra