Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Help.....Confused About Princess Alaska Luggage

We're leaving for our 1st cruise to Alaska next week. Our cruise is preceded by a 3 night land tour. Can the experts please offer up some insight on how the luggage process works?

We have been provided the usual stickers (luggage tags) you get with the name of the ship on them. Do we put those on the pieces of luggage that we are not going to use on the land portion when we leave home even though we are doing a land tour first? Or, do we claim all of our luggage in Alaska and then place the ship stickers on them?

In addition we have the other tags (meet me on ship, come with me on tour, etc.). Any help w/ these would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Admiral

From past experience on other itineraries, you would claim all your luggage on arrival in Alaska and then put the tags on. If for no other reason to be sure that all of your luggage has arrived on the airline, but also so the airline doesn't goof up with their own tags.

I would suspect that someone from Princess might be at the airport to help you with the various pieces of luggage and handle sending the ship ones separately from the land ones.

Almost bon voyage you guys - have a terrific trip.

Jane

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Getting nervous about packing! This will be a challenge.
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Admiral

best advise would be to call your ta and ask, or if you didn't book thru a ta, call Princess customer service and ask
Old August 28th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK
best advise would be to call your ta and ask, or if you didn't book thru a ta, call Princess customer service and ask
Thanks Lisa....we did that and got conflicting info. That's why I came to the experts here!
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Admiral

Hey Sasco

Go for the layered look. Just checked another thread that I'm on and a woman from Alaska said they've had a grand total of three 70 degree days this summer!

Jane

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzNut
Hey Sasco

Go for the layered look. Just checked another thread that I'm on and a woman from Alaska said they've had a grand total of three 70 degree days this summer!

Jane
Yup. We have long sleeve shirts, fleece vests and weatherproof jackets. If it's really nasty, we also will have a pair of waterproof coverups we bought at Dick's Sporting Goods.....just an ugly plastic pair of pants and jacket with hood. Ugly, but dry! I suppose we shoud at least think about taking t-shirts and ONE pair of shorts just in case.