CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   best way to get from pier to airport in San juan (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/338900-best-way-get-pier-airport-san-juan.html)

kennygeorge August 29th, 2007 11:25 AM

best way to get from pier to airport in San juan

A group of us are sailing on the Crown Princess Oct. 20-27. We disembark in San Juan and fly home from there (it's a reposititioning cruise). Any thoughts on the best way to get from the pier to the airport? How much are taxis and do they charge by the car or by the person? Also, how readily available are taxis at the pier when everyone is getting off. we do have a few hours before our flight but not loads of time.
Thanks for any input!!!
Anne

JessieC August 29th, 2007 05:09 PM

Hello...been to San Juan several times and after we got off the ship we took a taxi from the pier to the airport. The taxi ride from the pier to the airport was $16.00 for two of us. You can also purchase transfers from the cruise-line where they will provide you vouchers in your documents where they take you to and from the cruise-pier, but I find it cheaper to just take your own taxi..plus your not waiting for someone to take you...the lines can get very long after you get off the ship....and in that heat who wants to wait for a shuttle to take you to the airport? Happy Cruising!

Jessie

kennygeorge September 2nd, 2007 05:00 PM

Jessie:

Thank you so much! We have a "cruise planning party" tomorrow night and I can let our group know. When in October are you on the Crown Princess, will you be there the same time as us?
Anne

JessieC September 3rd, 2007 10:03 AM

Hi Anne,
Actually we will be on the Crown the following week from your cruise, but we are heading to San Juan the day before the cruise...October 26th to enjoy our beach-front hotel. Enjoy your cruise you!!!

Jessie

judykehley September 6th, 2007 10:57 AM

We will also be on the repositioning cruise of the Crown.There are plenty of taxis at the pier..it is about a 15/20 minute ride.When we disembark we are staying an extra day in San Juan.I think that last time we were there it was around $18.00 for 4 passengers to the airport.Hope this helps..

kennygeorge September 7th, 2007 05:09 PM

Judy:

where do you stay in San Juan? One of the couples in our group is staying an extra day but haven't decided where yet. (their kids are out of the house, ours are still home!) Any advice for them on hotels? Hopefully we will see you on board!
anne

subtropic September 9th, 2007 11:43 PM

If you are looking strictly for convenience there is a hotel right in the airport at the American Airlines counter. It is a Best Western and there are not a lot of amenities (pool, restaurant.) but it is right there for you to fly home.

judykehley September 10th, 2007 12:11 PM

Our travelling companions have points for Marriott Hotels and are cashing them in for their stay and we are just going to book along with them.Either the Marriott Isla Verde or Marrriott Miramar.I have not booked that yet,still working on pricing it out. I am a TA and sometimes we can pay a reduced rate.

kennygeorge September 15th, 2007 12:47 PM

Thanks Judy, I'll pass those suggestions on to them!
Anne