Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Passenger

Default What if your cruise goes on sale?

Once you've booked I was told by my princess TA that if the price goes down or special pricing is introduced we get that new price but WE have to let them know that the price is lowered, meaning that they won't call us and tell us we have to keep our eyes opened.

My question is, other than the mailings that I get from Princess, is they any other way to determine if the prices go down?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Go to the Princess Web Site or any other online agency. You MIGHT get a better deal throught them rather than directly with Princess.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old August 29th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: What if your cruise goes on sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinbuddy
Once you've booked I was told by my princess TA that if the price goes down or special pricing is introduced we get that new price but WE have to let them know that the price is lowered, meaning that they won't call us and tell us we have to keep our eyes opened.

My question is, other than the mailings that I get from Princess, is they any other way to determine if the prices go down?

Thanks
You can go to princess.com and go through the links to book online to find out the pricing. You can use the "back" button on their page to go back and enter different cabin categories. The Princess website is very user friendly. We did this and discovered our cabin's price category went down $200. We called our TA and she "refared" our cruise and got the lower price for us. Of course, this must be down before final payment.
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Familiar Face

I make a point of checking on a weekly basis both the Princess booking page and that of the online TA I booked with. I am already paying quite a bit less than that quoted by Princess, so I don't expect any big reduction in price, but it's fun to watch the prices anyway.
Old September 15th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

I monitor the Princess website every 2-3 days, and sometimes it pays off. We book directly with Princess.
For our cruise in November I found that the fares for balconies had gone down by $130 pp, and all balcony categories were priced the same. I called Priness and got us each a savings of $130 plus upgraded our cabin to a BA on the Caribe deck. I received email confirmation within 20 minutes.
For the Hawaiian cruise we have booked for March, the fares went down, so we were able to upgrade to a BA Caribe cabin and still got a savings of $300 each. Again, the email confirmation arrived promptly.
It is my understanding that you can only get the reductions prior to final payment. After that, it's a no-go.
1/06 Island Princess - Hawaii
2/07 Sea Princess - Southern Caribbean
11/07 Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera
3/08 Diamond Princess - Hawaii
11/9/08 Tahitan Princess - Tahiti & French Polynesia

Booked cruises:
9/13/09 Star Princess - Alaska
3/14/10 Golden Princess - Hawaii
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Captain

Hi cruisin Buddy,

I always monitor the cruise prices on on-line web sites. Some TA's say they will monitor prices for you, but with all of the vacations they have booked I feel it always comes down to the individual should watch prices themselves.

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old September 28th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Passenger

Princess is one of the cruise lines that would give you either refund or onboard credit even after final payment. And if you book with TA, you may get an extra saving in form of discount.
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Passenger

Princess is one of the cruise lines that would give you either refund or onboard credit even after final payment. And if you book with TA, you may get an extra saving in form of discount.
-------------------------------------------------------

I have to disagree with this statement somewhat. A few years ago{late 2003?} when we booked a Princess cruise though m TA , it went down about 100USD for the same cat. cabin. I had my TA call Princess and they were like- no we are not giving back money. My Ta after a while of going back and forth with them, he finally got them to give us an upgraded cat. since that was now closest to the price we paid orig for the lower cat. It was about 2 or 3 wks before we were sailing. Dont know if that had anything to do with it, or maybe they have now changed there policy. In the travel industry-change is constant.

GS