Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2007, 11:16 PM
Beginner

Default Upgrading a cabin after it's booked

Our friends are getting mariied on the Grand Princess in November. they just decided and booked last week. When we went to book all that was left was inside cabins which we did book. We ususally go with a balcony cabin and were wondering if anyone know of a way to get on a waiting list to upgrade (we are willing to pay) to a balcony should someone cancel. Not even sure if there is such a thing....
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2007, 12:23 PM
Admiral

If any of the balcony cabin categories have a guarantee open, book that. You will get that category or higher.

If not and you booked with a TA, ask that they keep an eye opened for any cancellations.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 1st, 2007, 07:26 PM
Admiral

I have booked and then changed cabins before without a guarantee.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
I have booked and then changed cabins before without a guarantee.
The only cabins that were open were inside cabins.

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Passenger

princess will wait list you for cabin changes. This is easier if you booked direct with princess. Travelocity wanted to charge for a change even though I was moving down in cabin class. I cancelled the travelocity booking and rebooked direct wth princess at no charge. I know you are in a short time frame so your options are limited. Call princess for the wait list.
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Beginner

Thanks for all the info. I got on a wait list and am #5. Don't know what my chances are but you never know! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.