Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2007, 11:32 PM
Beginner

Default Help please...1st time cruise to Southern Caribbean

My wife and I are finally taking our first cruise for our 30th anniversary taking the Crown Princess out of San Juan in Nov. Going to Barbados, St Lucia, Antiqua, St Martin, St Thomas. We are looking for any tips and ideas of experienced "cruisers" on things like best snorkeling in southern Caribbean ports, whats most fun to do on board, best shopping for genuine caribbean items (not touristy stuff), recommendations on eating...basically anything useful. We appreciate the time you take to help make our trip more fun. Thanks a bunch.
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Get involved in as many of the day time functions and games as you can. They are entertaining and, maybe you can win.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

One thing I suggest you might like to do, since this is your first cruise, is to, buy a piece of artwork, from a local artist. In St Thomas if you walk down any of the Gades,[side streets] you will find many inexpensive, but lovely prints, pottery, and tropical pieces from local artisans. You will build up a gallery, with every cruise:)

Also, in St T, this gallery is a must see, even if only to peruse. Have Fun!

Bernard K. Passman Gallery
Bernard K. Passman works primarily in the rare black coral from Caribbean waters. He creates small, unique sculptures from the medium, embellished with yellow gold as well as wearable art and some larger commissioned pieces. Passman started working in black coral while living on Grand Cayman in the 1970s, and he has focused his sculpture work in that medium since. He has created sculptures for royalty (including Prince Charles and Princess Diana) and modern celebrities. His love for animals and a safari to Africa in the 1990s inspired a number of his sculptures, including giraffes, leopards and elephants.
Bernard K. Passman will ship pieces and have a lifetime warranty. In addition to the gallery's Main Street location, Passman also has a small gallery in Havensight Mall. Other galleries are in Beverly Hills, Calif., Las Vegas, New Orleans and in other cities. Passman currently lives in Washington, D.C. Their toll-free phone number is 866-727-7672.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 6th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Admiral

first thing congrats on your upcoming anniversary! For a special anniversay treat i would suggest that you book onto the Champagne Catamaran Sailaway in St. Thomas - beautiful boat, great sail, great beach, good snorkeling. Its a treat
Old September 9th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Happy 30th Anniversary! A cruise is a great way to celebrate.
Take a taxi to Crane Beach. You can have lunch on the terrace at the hotel which sits on the cliff overlooking the ocean. Water is great for body surfing.
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Admiral

In Barbados they had a shop called Best of Barbados which sold genuine island crafts at a fair price. Antigua is one beach after another.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old October 1st, 2007, 09:41 PM
Beginner

Default We're also celebrating in November

We'll be on the Crown Princess for our 25th anniversary. What's your sail date? We're leaving on November 3 for back-to-back cruises. This is our third cruise, second on Princess, although it's been 5 and 15 years since our last ones! Boy, are we looking forward to it!
Old October 2nd, 2007, 01:25 PM
Passenger

Here's my 2 cents. I've only cruised a couple of times but we did the Swim with the sea turtles in Barbados and it was amazing. There are different ones to choose from, we did the Tiami catamaran 6 hour trip. Sailing along the coast was beautiful, the lunch that was provided was really good, free drinks, snorkeling time and time with the turtles. In St. Maarten we did a snorkeling trip but I found Princess Cays better. There are tons of shops right off the ship and the beach right there looks amazing although we didn't have time to go there. St. Thomas, not my fave port but I hear that Trunk Bay in St. Johns is worth the trip. Thats what we'll be doing in March when on the Emerald.