Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Golden - Formal Nights

Sailing on the Golden Saturday. Can anyone tell me what evenings are formal nights?
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Admiral

With that itin, it is a pure guess. I would say the first one is your sea day (2nd day) and the last one is Ketchikan, Alaska (6th day).

SS Norway (12 times) '85 - '97; Radiance OS 06/01; Island Princess 11/04, Grand Princess 11/04/05, Golden Princess 7/21/06, Golden Princess 2/24/07, Explorer of the Seas 12/23/07, Island Princess 11/15/08
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Golden - Formal Nights

Janice Marie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Sailing on the Golden Saturday. Can anyone tell me what evenings are formal nights?
The second evening (for the Captain's official "Welcome Aboard") and the next to last evening (for the Captain's official "Farewell") are usually "formal" evenings, regardless of the length of the cruise. I recall only one cruise that deviated from this, and only due to a late departure from a port of call on the second day.

On longer cruises, the ship's officers choose days for the additional "formal" evenings on days at sea or days when the ship leaves port early that space them more or less uniformly between the first and the last.

Norm.
Old September 11th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for your responses, gentlemen. Well.....I'm off to pack.... just a few more days to go!