CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Caribbean Princess early Disembarking (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/339868-caribbean-princess-early-disembarking.html)

Lindalou September 16th, 2007 05:08 PM

Caribbean Princess early Disembarking

My air line just changed my flight to a 9:30 AM flight. What time does the ship start to disembark

Irish Shark September 16th, 2007 05:29 PM

When?

hankm September 16th, 2007 05:35 PM

If you can carry-off you can be off ship beteween 7 or 7:30. The system works great but keep in mind you will get no assistance with your bags. I think even if you receive an early debarkation number you will still make it. Be sure to take a cab and not ships transfers.

Fern September 16th, 2007 09:24 PM

Hi Lindalou,

I have to say "no way :shock: " are you going to make a 9:30 AM flight!

I'd suggest you change your flight to something after 11:30 AM at the earliest.

If your ship is scheduled to be in port at 7 AM it will still be about 1 1/2 to 2 hours before you're off the ship, even with early disembarkation. Then you'll have to get to the airport, check in and go through security.

Please don't stress yourself out after a wonderful, relaxing cruise LOL !

Lindalou September 17th, 2007 08:30 AM

We disembark November 11 2007 Caribbean Princess

CA Cruiser September 17th, 2007 08:52 AM

What time was your flight originally? Only if everything lines up okay and you do express walk off with all your luggage can it work. Too much stress if you ask me. I would definately call the airlines immediately and explain your situation. They should be able to change your flight to a later time as you planned at no extra charge. JMHO. Good Luck!

hankm September 17th, 2007 09:49 AM

Always a chance something can go wrong. Here is our experience. Early in the cruise we went to the Pursars desk and requested an early "walkoff" number. They disembark walkoff's in groups of 50. We were in the second group. Our flight was 10:20am. There was not a long security line at that hour. We were sitting at the boarding gate at 8:30. As previous posters have said "if you are not comfortable with the time by all means attempt to change it". Would we hang on to the 9:30 flight ? I think we would.

Irish Shark September 17th, 2007 12:45 PM

I have to agree with Fern. Too close for me. Change it if you can.

kg-james September 17th, 2007 08:19 PM

My husband and Iare in the same situation. Our flight was changed to 9:30 am on November 17. We are planning on going to the pursers desk at the beginning of our cruise ans requesting an early walk off. I think you will have a good chance provided there are no problems with the ship clearing customs. Good Luck!

BigMike'nSparky September 17th, 2007 11:52 PM

On our last Grand Princess Cruise, things got delayed because of Customs and everyone was off late. You might be better to reschedule your flight.

LAC September 20th, 2007 02:47 PM

Thank you for your help. We decided to change our flight to 1: pm.

Irish Shark September 20th, 2007 02:57 PM

I think that is a smart move. :D

ronnie September 24th, 2007 08:59 PM

Just finished a cruise on the Caribbean Princess yesterday (9-23-07). We took advantage of the walk off option and were at the airport (FLL),checked in and at the gate before 7:45.