Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Beginner

Default Caribbean Princess on October 21st

Just looking to see if anyone is going on the same one as my boyfriend and I are. Caribbean Princess going to the eastern Caribbean on October 21st.

Also I had a very stupid, very first time cruising question. On the formal nights, I've heard everything from pants to a prom dress for girls. What is Acceptable, over dressed or underdressed? Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Passenger

We sailed on the Caribbean Princess last year and had a great time so I'm sure you will too. As for Formal night it really is anything goes. We generally travel with a group of friends and we all have a great time dressing up. The guys wear tuxes and the women wear formals. But honestly, we are probably some of the most dressed up of anyone. I will say on Princess cruises people seem to dress up more than on Carnival or Royal Caribbean. So you can truly do whatever you want. If you want to put on the glitz -- go for it. But you don't have to if it's not your thing. It does seem like most people dress up more on formal nights than regular nights but not all go all out.
Anne
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Beginner

thank you!! That was so helpful. I was just planning on wearing a long red dress but it is that satin, silky look. I'm so excited for our cruise and its nice to hear you had a good time. I come from a long line of cruisers and this is my first one so I'm sure I will get addicted
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo89
thank you!! That was so helpful. I was just planning on wearing a long red dress but it is that satin, silky look. I'm so excited for our cruise and its nice to hear you had a good time. I come from a long line of cruisers and this is my first one so I'm sure I will get addicted

Hi Lolo89! We'll be on this cruise, too. There's a group of us meeting between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM at the Outrigger Bar. Join us !

You can pretty much wear what you want on formal nights. I'm usually among the "underdressed" because I wear dressy pants and a fancy top. There will also be women dressed in "over the top" dresses !

As long as you don't wear jeans or capri's for formal night you should be fine . Your long red dress sounds perfect .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the help. We will be sure to join you guys at 2 o clock! I'll be traveling with my boyfriend so that will be nice to all meet up and talk. It feels like our cruise is so close but yet so far! Its my first so I hope to meet a lot of good people!!