Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Passenger

Default Caribbean Princess Wedding

I need to know if anyone has had or been to a wedding on a Princess ship.
What did you think of it?
Would you recommend it?
All comments are welcome.
The wedding my daughter is thinking about will be Harborside on the ship in Barbados.
Thank You SOOO Much!
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Admiral

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=56

Above is a link to our Weddings message board. I think you will find a lot of useful information there.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old September 27th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

I got married on the Golden in 2004. My wife and I loved it and wouldn't have done it any other way. We had my parents, her parents, and her brother and his girlfriend with us.

Prior to the cruise, they are very helpful. You are assigned a wedding coordinator on land that answers all questions and handles the processing of everything and all the paperwork, vows, photography, videographer, flowers, spa appts, music etc... We had his email address and were emailing him constantly with questions. He was prompt to answer.

Once on board, we met with our on board wedding coordinator. She confirmed everything, answered our questions, and gave us a walk through/rehearsal of the ceremony. It was so nice not really having to do or plan anything.

The flowers were really top notch and the chapel is very nice. They even had a ship camera so friends at home could watch (still shots updated every 60 seconds).

Everything went perfect. After the ceremony, we had our cake and champagne then we went around the whole ship with the photographer. He was fantastic and did a better job than the photographer we had at home when we had our reception. He took us all around the atrium, upper decks, etc... They even had a studio where we got some very nice studio pics. We even went in the bridge and they took some pictures there of us in the captains chair, and just us standing overlooking the water.

The package was fairly priced I thought -- we paid about $1000 for all the proofs, a number of 8x10s and 5x7s. We even got a canvas, and all the pictures on a CD. He even edited them all for us. If there was something we wanted cropped, etc... My wife wanted a B&W with just the flowers and he did this as well. All was included in the photography package.

I would highly recommend it and will definitely consider renewing our vows again on a cruise.

We did decide to have a reception when we got home (a few weeks later) so our friends and family could all meet and see us. We showed them all the pictures of the wedding etc...
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Passenger

Thanks for your input. We have been looking at the Wedding Cams but don't seem to be able to catch a wedding going on.
My daughter is really leaning towards Princess. She is marrying someone from Barbados and would like to have his family come aboard for the wedding/reception. We are still working on that.
Thanks again for the positive feedback.
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Admiral

I was on the Caribbean Princess last May and witnessed at least 3 or 4 weddings onboard. One was indoors at the chapel, very small, just the bride and grrom. The others were outdoors, aft, in a beautiful spot overlooking the aft pool, and the wake. I was impressed with the obvious organization by the Princess personnel; the decorations, the "security" of roping off the area, the logistics, the planning, the ceremony itself, and the booking of reception rooms afterwards. Everything seemed to flow like clockwork.
I hope your daughter decides on a Princess wedding - and honeymoon, and I can't think of a morre beautiful place than Barbados!

donna
Old October 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Passenger

Default wedding

It looks like Dec 7th, 2008 will be the wedding, we really appreciated the input. Now we have to start the process.
Old October 4th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Passenger

Mary,
Best of luck to you.
It will be wonderful!
Old October 9th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Passenger

Has anybody out there renewed their vows on a Princess cruise? Next year is our 25th and we want to it up right

Thanks