Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Familiar Face

Default Cruiseship staff steals watch

We just returned from a cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess. Upon receiving our luggage in our stateroom I noticed that the lock had been removed from my suitcase (TSA combination lock). In all of my cruises this was the first time in which the lock had been removed from my bag by the ship's staff. Then I discovered that my dive watch had been removed from my bag as well. I usually put this in my carry-on bag but for some reason I didn't this time. Just wanted to remind people to be aware of what they pack in there checked bags at the pier. Don't do as I did and let your guard down. Oh, to add insult to injury they stole the lock too.
3 Holland America cruises
1 Celebrity cruise
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2007, 01:13 AM
Admiral

IMO that was more likely to have happened at the airport - why would you think the ship's staff did it? And, if it did happen at the pier, then it would more likely be the baggage loaders who do NOT work for the individual ships.

Then, there's always the possibility that you didn't completely lock it tight???

Too bad you didn't put it in your carryon.

Did you report it to the purser's desk? Did they give you any answers?

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old September 25th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Familiar Face

I know it was lock at the pier because I checked it at the airport as well as when I removed it from the taxi. It was the ship's staff that removed the lock and took the watch, not the pier workers. Yes I did report the loss. After they searched my cabin a supervisor, of what I don't know, acknowledged responsibility for the loss. A report was filed and supposedly Princess will contact me about being reinbursed for the watch. They said the process usually takes 4-6 weeks. We'll see if they follow through on their word.
3 Holland America cruises
1 Celebrity cruise