Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:26 PM
Beginner

Default Soda/Coffee Cards

I am sailing on the Grand November 10, 2007 for 7 days. Can anyone tell me how much Princess charges now for a soda card and for a coffee card? Also,I just recieed my Cruise answer book and in it I can pre-order beer/wine and liquor for the statroom. Can I only pre order it or can I order it once on board as well and if I can is it the same price?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:58 PM
First Mate

I believe the soda sticker is $3.95/day for the length of your cruise. You will pay for 7 days even if you buy it mid week of a 7 day cruise. The $3.95 is just the average daily cost. It's for fountain soda, not cans. They usually have Coke brand. They put a sticker on your card and it's not supposed to be shared.

I've heard the price of the coffee card is $25. I've heard differing opinions about the coffee. Hubby liked the coffee, I always get frozen moccachinos. I hope they are covered with the card, I'm going to ask before I buy it. These cards are good for 15 coffees and are stamped as you use them and I heard that they can be shared. I hear you can save it and use it on a different cruise.

I pre ordered rum & coke for my upcoming cruise, but I think it's also on the room service menu. It was last year. I'm sure someone else can confirm if it's still available.
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:03 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the info, it's very helpful
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:57 PM
First Mate

You're welcome. Enjoy your trip...we're on the Grand 11/24. Really enjoyed it last time...must have been 2003 or so.
Old October 1st, 2007, 10:26 PM
Beginner

This is our 2nd time on the Grand too, last time was 2002. This time we are going for a wedding so it should be fun. I hope you enjoy your cruise too!
Old January 21st, 2008, 06:20 PM
Beginner

Default Bottled Water?

Is bottled water included in a soda card...if not what is the cost?
Old January 21st, 2008, 07:11 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Bottled Water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetenant63
Is bottled water included in a soda card...if not what is the cost?
No, the water is not included in the soda card price. It was $3.50 or so per bottle. I think the size might be 1 liter. We usually end up buying 1-2, but the ice water in the Horizon Court isn't bad. Not spring water, but it was ok.
Old January 21st, 2008, 07:49 PM
Beginner

Default water

Thank you for the information
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Passenger

soda card is usually about $49 for unlimited Coke not in the can
coffee card gets you 12 starbucks type for another price.
take your own booze in plastic bottles in your suitcase or buy it on land where you go into ports and bring it back on the ship in your bag or backpack.
Drinks are expensive on the ship $7=10 easily as they make you tip/tax each drink.
My favorite is to take crystal light packets and some tequilla travel bottle which I refill with a funnel in my room and have the bar blend up by crystal light with ice and then I add the tequilla and it is all free to me and very refreshing. I have told them to make and sell that low calproie drink but they don't so this is my answer to a refreshing drink.

PS I no longer suggest the coke card unless you are a coke junkie. But them you could take your own runm and drink rum & coke all trip with a lemon in it. For a couple one coke care will do, no one notices if you share. In fact now one notice if you use the coke sticker they put on your card on your next cruise with them.