Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Beginner

Default Cruise to Mexican Riviera

We are leaving for a cruise on 10/27/07 to the Mexican Riviera on the Golden Princess. Is there anything we should definitely see and anything we should miss?

We have booked the Hacienda Tile tour in Puerto Vallarta, the Matzalan City Tour and the I can't remember what in Cabo. I think it is a trip on the water that lets you see the coastal sites.
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

We're going in December. Let us know all about the ship and the ports when you return!

Enjoy your cruise,
Carnival Paradise
NCL Dream
Carnival Elation
Carnival Conquest
Golden Princess
Old October 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sounds like you covered the ports! In Cabo, you can take a private operator boat ride out to the Arches. Cheaper than the ship's tours. But disembark as early as possible for that one. Also recommend sampling the food. Great Mexican food all around you! And bring your binoculars and be out on deck whenever possible when at sea as there are dolphins and whales to be spotted everywhere! Enjoy.
Old October 16th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Passenger

I'm going on that same cruise. Just under 11 days .

The one tour that I would never have anyone I know go on in Puerto Vallarta is the tequila factory tour. Did it a few years back. All it is is a tour of a building with old replicas of what they used to use to make it. Very boring. The one good part was the free samples they gave. A co-worker went there this summer and said he went on it and had the same fellings.

Be carefull in Cabo if you take a private tour. The ship leaves at 2pm. That doesn't give you a lot of time to do much. If you are on a cruise line tour, the boat will at least wait for you if you are late.

P.S. I checked the weather yesterday and there is a tropical depression off P.V. Should be gone by the time we get there thankfully. Although, it is always fun to have one night of rough sea's to add a little change to the nightly routine.

Princess Golden - Meaxican Riviera Oct/Nov '07
Norwegian Star - Mexican Riviera Oct '06
Carnival Ecstasy - Catalina/Mexico April '02
Disney Wonder - 3 day Bahamas Nov '99