Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Passenger

Default Crown Princess /dinning room staff

If anyone is going on the Crown to CAD/NE and you choose traditional dinning, see if you can sit in the area where Jerry{waiter} and Juan Carlos {busboy} serve. They were the best wait staff we had on a ship in a long time. Since out trip on RCL to BDA back in the mid 90s.

We have been taking cruises for about 15years now. When we first started ,you DID have to dress for dinner. There was only "traditional" seating. And you tipped your wait staff personally at the end of the cruise. I think because of that ,they{wait staff} went out of there way to make sure your meal experience was something to talk about. I remember once i asked for french dressing on my salad and they didnt have any-so my busboy made some {I think w/ketchup and mayo-but still } and brought it out every night for me after ,also after the 1st night they brought your drink of choice when you sat down. They made sure they were there when you walked in so they can pull your seat out and put the napkin on your lap. Recently with the new changes{and I am not saying they are bad, change is good} in anytime seating and the automatic tip on your bill {which again I am not complaing about-they do deserve it plus you dont have to worry anymore about making sure you have singles} even those of us who like and still take the traditional dinning option, I have noticed while service is still good it is not "great". On the last few cruises, we had to ask every night at dinner for our drinks, the napkins werent automatically put on our laps etc.. small thing like that {that we used to get}
On this cruise however Jerry and Juan Carlos made me think of those older days. They were always there to pull out the seats and put the napkins on our laps, rememberd what you might of said the night before about an excusion or such and they asked about it. Always had our drinks ready when we sat down {and not just for us but the whole table}and since our table group usally asked for more than one apitizers and entrees everynight they would bring out seconds and thirds w/out asking.
One thing that really amazed me,was I had a baked potato one night and asked for sour cream and beacon bits. They had sour cream, but no bacon bits. I told Juan Carlos -dont worry about it and he said let me see what i can do. About 5mins-10mins later he comes back looking a little flushed -with a plate of bacon cooked crisp which he proceed to crush and put on my potato. I made sure I ate that whole potato that night. Also another person at our table liked cornbeef hash for breakfast {and he did dinning room for breakfast everyday}but the ship didnt have any; he mentioned this to Jerry who got the matre-d and he had it everyday for breakfast after that. I was very impressed. I will say that we did tip beyond to them both and gave them great reviews on the questioners at the end of the cruise.

Sorry this is long but I just had to tell about this experince. I have also written to Princess about them as well when we got home for I felt what I wrote on the questioner was not nearly enough to express how we felt about what a great job they did and will be talking about them for years.

JC
Sponsored Links