Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2007, 04:35 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to dwn2cruise
Default Island Princess Sept 20 BIG disappointment

I just got off a 19 day cruise from LosAngeles to Panama.
I have been on 13 other cruises and this one was very disappointing.
The head of beverage services "Andres" was beyond rude to his staff in front of us passangers at the Captain's party. He also smelled of body oder that was disgusting. The head of security John was heartless leaving a passanger on the dock pushing her back saying sorry we have disembarked when we were not even 10 inches away from the dock.
The Maitre'D "Jean Paul"was arrogant and keeping passanger waiting over 3 hours to speak to him the first day. Many of the passengers were very upset. He promised to have my dinner arrangements sent to my cabin thre next morning which I never received. I had to call the front desk to ask where am I assigned for dinner that was to take place in 15 minutes. They transfered me to the dining room which the young lady who answered the phone had no idea. I then went down to the front desk and a nice young man walked me over to "Jean Paul" who still didn't have us assigned a table. He was so unorganized and didn't want to hear of any suggestions. He finally gave my family a table. Later during the cruise my family and I deceided to eat elsewhere so that left one person at our table alone so he deceided to go down to anytime dining which "Jean Paul " denied him to sit with others saying to him sorry You were assigned a table. He said but my table mates aren't coming so Iwould like to join a table in this ANYTIME dining room. After dening him he said well I will speak to the front desk then and as he was walking away he cursed in Italian and my table mate just happened to know Italian and was shocked at the lack of professionalism on his part. The food was just alright nothing to brag about. I will think twice before going on Princess again if this is the kind of Managers they want representing their cruiseline.
Our room was kept very nice.
Old October 10th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It's always disheartening to hear about complaints about the rudeness of a ships staff. While anyone can have a bad day, it does seem you had or witnessed, many on your cruise.

Food, as we all know is very subjective, what I drool over, you may push away. I too, have had so so food, but always fill up on the sides if I need to.

I would say, at this point not to dismiss the line totally...in time you may want to give it another chance. Different crews, and different ships within the line can be an option. Your feelings are valid. Others may not have had the situations you had, and thoroughly enjoyed th ship and crew. That does not diminish how you, and your family feltl, and I hope your next cruise, is all you hope for.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 12th, 2007, 11:31 PM
Admiral

I would love to come across some of these arrogant and rude crew members. You pay good $$ and wait for months to have an enjoying vacation and have to put up with that conduct ? No way I would let any of that go. I would be their worst nightmare.
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old October 28th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Familiar Face

Just returned from 15 day 10/9 Island Princess. Just the oppisite reaction !
Everything was perfect. You never know do you ?
Old October 31st, 2007, 02:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Island Princess - also a disappointment

It has been a while since we were on the Island Princess round trip L.A. to Hawaii. We were also very disappointed. After many cruises on various Princess ships - the food on this cruise was a major disappointment. We also had some very rude staff - waiters and the cruise director's staff. I have not been on a Princess cruise since and am now looking at other lines. I will probably sail Princess again in the future, but after this I am not in a big hurry to give them another shot.