Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Passenger

Default Mini Suite on the star princess

How does a mini suite compare to a balcony? Do you have any special services with a mini suite such as free laundry, butler etc.

How much will it cost to take a taxi from the seattle airport to the pier?
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2007, 09:00 AM
First Mate

The mini-suites have a sitting area, larger bathroom (tub vs shower stall), extra tv (useless in my opinion since it's so close to the other one). No butler or free laundry. Depending on cabin location, many have totally open balconies due to the staggerd decks.

We were upgraded to a mini-suite once. It was ok, but for my money, I'd rather book a BB on the Caribe deck. The balconies are partially covered so I can get some shade at times.

Can't answer about taxi in Seattle...never been there.
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

We've never booked a mini-suite, but having a tub/shower would be nice. We sailed to Alaska on the Golden Princess last month. Taxi from SEA-TAC to pier was $38. Town car service was $40.00. To check rates, pick up the phone for Ground Transportation in the baggage area. Ask the operator for rates to the pier for taxi vs. town car. We opted for the town car. For the return trip to the airport, our driver was ready and waiting for us as we disembarked.
Old October 28th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Admiral

One of the differences between a Princess Balcony cabin and a mini-suite is the seating area. A balcony cabin only has a chair and a vanity chair for seating. A mini-suite has a couch and a vanity chair which we prefer. On RCI the balcony cabins have a mini or regular couch depending on which catagory you book. With regard to the 2 tv next to each other, we are bringing headphone with a long extension just in case one want to watch something early, late or even another program without disturbing the other.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old October 28th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Passenger

they say you get a "glass of champagne" with your mini suite too.

i would also like to know more about the mini suites. i am an inside cabin kinda person but the next trip i'm planning is to get married and i can't imagine hanging out with my bridesmaids and getting ready for my big day in a closet.

figuring i'll end up on dolphin deck (diamond). will i have a fair amount of privacy or is everything all open or situated so that people on other decks are looking into your balcony/cabin?
and how many people could comfortably "hang out" in the room?
Old October 30th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Familiar Face

If you book a minisuite on the Emerald Deck (there are very few - all at the back of the ship), you will have the exact same interior space, but a completely covered, private balcony. If you can get one of the very back two - you'll have a huge extended balcony. However, those usually get booked up first, so may have trouble securing one! Enjoy!