CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Missing Lingerie on Carnival Triumph (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/342056-missing-lingerie-carnival-triumph.html)

kruzee November 4th, 2007 01:42 PM

Missing Lingerie on Carnival Triumph

On our recent cruise aboard the Carnival Triumph in September i was sure i packed certain items in my suit case. Much to my surprise and my husbands dissapointment i discovered certain clothing garments missing from my luggage a few days in to our cruise. One of the items was a sexy Victoria Secret negligee my husband purchased for me for our trip. I spoke to the maid staff but no one knew anything about it. Does any one have any similar situation occur to them. Any suggestions as to what i could have done to investigate this matter further?

Trip November 4th, 2007 09:04 PM

The only thing you could have done differently was, to speak to the pursers office about it right away. If you remember unpacking it, and putting it away in the drawers, or closet, then obviously, someone pilfered them. Now it's really a non issue to the cruiseline.

Manuel November 12th, 2007 04:13 PM

We had the opposite experience a few years ago. We were on the Celebrity Mercury and when we got to our cabin we found two pair of panties on one the drawers, brand new , still had the tags on them.

Manuel

skymaster November 13th, 2007 02:09 PM

I've found all kinds of "stuff" behind the drawers in our cabins. (ie: socks, underwear, negligee, magazines, brassiers) That may be what happened to the items you are missing. I can't imagine the housekeeping staff running off with your items, however, I suppose it could happen.

Ken
"Sky"

DougR. November 14th, 2007 06:42 AM

Might I inquire what this has to do with Princess :-? :?:

skymaster November 14th, 2007 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougR.
Might I inquire what this has to do with Princess :-? :?:

You may indeed DougR! The original poster was accusing the CARNIVAL staff of running off with her negligee, and other items out of her cabin. The other posters, with the exception of YOU were giving their opinion of what may, or may not have happened to her items, that may, or may not have had anything to do with the CARNIVAL STAFF. PRINCESS, does have a staff, and drawers in the cabins, and I've found stuff left behind in their cabins too. ie" This could happen on any ship, including PRINCESS!

Ken
"SkyMaster"

Cassandra November 14th, 2007 10:36 AM

LOL unless someone else made off with it & is a cross-dresser. :shock:

skymaster November 14th, 2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassandra
LOL unless someone else made off with it & is a cross-dresser. :shock:

WOW, funny you brought that up! The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I just returned from a cruise aboard "Miracle", and there were a big bunch of cross dressers aboard! What made them even more obvious, and fun to watch, and talk to, was the fact that most of them were at least 6'4" tall! We did have a great time with them, however, I don't know if they ripped off anybodys undies or not. :shock:

Ken
"SkyMaster"

Ron November 14th, 2007 11:14 PM

AAawww- come on sky master-- you know that only on Carnival would you have your underwear stolen-- :wink:

One thing that struck me as strange--the o.p. said it was a few days into
the cruise before the undies were discovered to be missing. Normally one unpacks all or at least most of the clothes right away and doesn't leave them in a suit case for several days. Seems like the missing undies would have been discovered right away instead of a few days later.

In my past years I have known a couple of ladies who got so plastered they forgot certain parts of their wardrobe and left them in odd places.
:shock:
Strange things happen.

skymaster November 15th, 2007 07:56 AM

You're absolutely correct Ron. My apologies to you and Doug! 8)
Yes, you're also right about strange things happening. Just take a look at Britney Spears. Her underwear is missing most of the time, and she hasn't noticed it yet! (I'll bet she just disembarked from a Carnival cruise, and her undies were stolen by the maitre D' and she hasn't reported it yet) :D

Later,

Ken
"Sky"

kandajones November 15th, 2007 11:44 AM

Apologies in advance for the poor quality of this reply......

Every time I see this post come around, I can't help but think of an advert that used to run on commercial TV (television, not transvestites ;o) in the UK. It was for a range of lingerie, and came with the strapline

"Triumph has the bra for the way you are" !!!!

I now realise that Carnival Triumph have the full set of undies for whatever way you are ;o)

Sorry I did say it was poor, but hopefully raised a few smiles.

Alan & Katrina

Ron November 15th, 2007 01:52 PM

We have an upcoming cruise on the Glory in a few weeks and I have shown my wife this thread.
In order to prevent the sneaky stewards, pursers, waiters, etc. from stealing her undies, she has decided to not take any. I'm undecided as of yet regarding mine. Will have to monitor the boards to see if any more cases of missing undies are reported before I can make my decision.
I'm proud of my wife in her effort to help prevent crime by going undieless !! :) :)

skymaster November 15th, 2007 05:04 PM

WOW,,,I'd be very careful! If you're wife doesn't take any undies for the cabin steward to steal, I'll bet you won't get any towel animals! What a bummer that would be! Maybe you could steal your neighbors undies off the line before you leave home, and stick those in the drawer for the steward to take. Then you'll get towel animals, and not lose any of your personal undies.

Ken
"Sky"