Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Beginner

Default ? specialty dining reservations

Sailing on Coral 11/30/07. My friends want to make reservations at Sabbitinis. Can we make them before boarding through the Princess website or do we have to wait until we board on 11/30? Also, I have heard it's possible to go to the anytime dining room on day of boarding and reserve a table and time for the entire cruise. True? We prefer to eat around 7pm each nite, so we would like to reserve ahead.
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Passenger

With regard to Sabbitinis: usually there will be someone at the Sabbitinis entrance the afternoon you get on the ship taking resevations for the specialty restaurants for the week. You can't make them before the cruise. With regard to a standing anytime reservation I'm not sure. Again there will usually be someone at the entrance to the set time dining room the same afternoon taking care of any dining preference problems. You may be able to make a standing anytime reservation with him at that time

Tom
Old November 8th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

George Blue...Tom is right, you can't make a reservation at the speciality resturants prior to sailing, but you can make it the minute you board the ship and get in your room. We just returned from sailing on the Crown Princess, just got home on Monday, had a fabulous time. We made reservations for Sabaitinis when we got to our room, the number was prvided to us in our Princess Patters. I will say the service was excellent, but me and my dh was disappointed because we are not fish or seafood people and the 16 appetizers they serve you mainly contained that, and there where very few italian dishes, but the food was good. You can make a nightly reservation at the anytime dining room. We found a great waiter in the Michaelangelo dining room and we made a reservation everynight for the same time and table, and it worked out great, because there would be passengers waiting in line, when we walked up to the Maitre'D and told him we had a reservation and told us to go right to our table. If you get the chance to go to the Crown Grill, you should go, we loved it, but I will tell you they get booked the last two nights of the cruise, so make reservations early. Enjoy your cruise.

Jessie
CCL: Celebration 5/07
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks
Old November 8th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Ummm, we've eaten at Sabatini's on a number of different Princess ships, and there are plenty of Italian dishes. It is, after all, an Italian restaurant, and as I recall virtually everything they serve is Italian or Italian-inspired.

That said, they do feature a fair amount of seafood, because Italians eat a steady diet of seafood. Italy, after all, is a peninsula. In addition, the food of northern Italy seldom features pasta and tomato sauce; it is much more akin to French cooking, with lots of butter, various grains, olive oils, vegetables, and again, seafood. Sabatini's menu tends to cover the waterfront (so to speak) of the various regions of Italy, and as such may not seem exclusively like the Italian food we get at many restaurants here at home, which often tend to go with the southern standards. . .pastas, chicken cacciatore, sausages, meatballs, etc.

We've always felt that Sabatini's does a very nice job with both food and service. It is true that if you don't like seafood it might not be your favorite place, but you won't starve either. That's for sure.