Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Beginner

Default Tahitian Princess

Am booked on the Tahitian Princess in October of 08 for 10 nights. What can anyone tell me about the ship and/or the cruise, which is Bora Bora etc.
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2007, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Will let you know later, we are flying to Papeete on 12/6 staying at the Intercontinental and then boarding the Tahitian on 12/10
Old November 27th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Tahitian Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nr1boss
Am booked on the Tahitian Princess in October of 08 for 10 nights. What can anyone tell me about the ship and/or the cruise, which is Bora Bora etc.
I have 4 clients on her right now, when they get back I will fill you in. I did get an email from one of them yesterday, all he said was; having a wonderful time and the service is great....

Nita
Old November 29th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Tahitian Princess

Nr1boss,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
MV Tahitian Princess is a very impressive little ship! She offers nearly all of the amenities that you will find on a larger vessel, but on a smaller scale. There are only two things that are conspicuously absent.

>> 1. There is no "Anytime Dining" because the ship has only one main dining room.

>> 2. There are no dedicated facilities for children. During my cruise, there were over a hundred children, youth, and teens aboard so Princess deployed counsellors to the ship and the card room became a makeshift teen center. I must say that the counsellors and the ship's staff did a great job, too -- one did not see the youngsters underfoot anywhere!

I was on a different itinerary ("French Polynesia and Samoa"), so I really can't speak to your itinerary. Nonetheless, all of the islands in the South Pacific were wonderful.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old December 16th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Familiar Face

Sorry for the delay in answering....but I just visited the site today and found your post. We were on the Tahitian Princess for New Years a few years ago. If there is only one thing I can tell you, assuming you like water activities, is to look up Johnny in Bora Bora. He does a fabulous day trip to look at sting rays and sharks. He fishes from his boat, and then cooks the fish for you at an amazing island lunch. This was likely our best memory of all that we did in French Polynesia.
Tahitian Princess
Celebrity Century
Crown Princess
Caribbean Princess
Island Princess
Celebrity Solstice

HAL Volendam

Celebrity Eclispe
Old December 26th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Admiral

Was on the 12/10 - 12/20 cruise on the Tahitian Princess.

In short, she is a fantastic ship, just a nice size, lovely decor. There were not many children on our sailing, but the counselors were set up in the card room and we rarely saw children.

We felt the breakfast and lunch service in the dining room was a bit spotty, I think some new staff in training were working those. Evening was fine. Our cabin steward was very personable but several nights forgot the breakfast menu to put out but no big deal. Overall, service throughout the ship was excellent.

Cruise Director Lisa was the friendliest I've ever met.

We did miss Hiva Oa due to strong winds and waves. Bora Bora, the lagoon is lovely, but our tour, the general island tour showed us a dirty, littered island, unlike the others we'd been to.
Old January 5th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Familiar Face

We were on Tahitian Princess Christmas 2006 and decided to arrive early in Papeete. Bad mistake, unless you are semi-fluent in French. Finally felt what it's like to be in the minority. Papeete is just another huge city, but we did go on a shore excursion to the inner part of the island and that was great. All the islands we cruised to, including Raratonga in the Cook Islands (go on the Eco tour with Pa if that's available), were incredibly beautiful. The ship was wonderful, but we agreed however, that we prefer Hawaii and the travel time isn't quite as long as it is to Tahiti.

Marvia
Old January 25th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Passenger

Great small ship and cruise route. Have gone on it twice in 2 years.
Infact if you neeed a roomate let me know I would go again!
Smaller Princess hip, 800 passangers or something like that.
Easy to get around, less to do than on a big ship but I like it.
I especially LOVe the Tahitian islands and all the pearls, plan to buy some and they are not cheap.
Buy snorkel tours on land from Moto who has a boat and dresses native.
Tell him Cynthia sent you. I can getg you the islands he goes to if you want to know, best deal around and fun.
Most of these islands you can buy your excursion at the dock for less than Princess sells them for.
If like like COKE from the fountain/bar you can buy a coke card for all you can drink for $49 (actually more than one person can use the same card or mug they give you with the sticker they put on your room key.
Sign up for early dining if you want to make it to the 8/8:30 shows and then up to the night club at 10-10:30. Or do whatever.
Great, great trip you will have. Take your camera and snorkel great or at least your sun tan lotion, hat and sun glasses.
Old January 25th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Marvia,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
We were on Tahitian Princess Christmas 2006 and decided to arrive early in Papeete. Bad mistake, unless you are semi-fluent in French. Finally felt what it's like to be in the minority. Papeete is just another huge city, but we did go on a shore excursion to the inner part of the island and that was great. All the islands we cruised to, including Raratonga in the Cook Islands (go on the Eco tour with Pa if that's available), were incredibly beautiful. The ship was wonderful, but we agreed however, that we prefer Hawaii and the travel time isn't quite as long as it is to Tahiti.
Yes, I concur completely with your comments about Papeete -- as do the travel guides. Fortunately, I had a different experience when the airline schedules forced me to arrive two nights before my cruise and stay two nights after my cruise. I stayed at the Moorea Intercontinental Beachcomber Resort before the cruise and at the Tahiti Beachcomber Intercontinental Resort (near the airport in Faaa) after the cruise. Both resorts were outstanding in their own way. The former had the better beaches while the latter had a great dinner and show. Travel between Moorea and Tahiti is quite easy, as several ferries traverse the channel between the islands several times per day, and taxis are readily available on both islands.

For those planning precruise or postcruise hotel stays, I should point out that flights between the United States and Papeete typically operate as "red eye" flights in one direction or the other. Airlines that depart from the United States late at night arrive in Papeete very early in the morning, with the return flight leaving Papeete fairly early in the morning and arriving in the United States in the early evening. Conversely, airlines that depart from the United States in the morning arrive in Papeete in the early evening, with return flights that depart from Papeete in the later evening and arrive in the United States in the early morning. Practically, the evening arrivals require an overnight stay on Tahiti before continuing onward to another island while the morning departures require one to return to Tahiti the evening before and remain there overnight in order to make one's flight home.

Norm.