Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Passenger

Seat savers are so irritating on cruises. No one minds a person saving one seat for a spouse. But when people save six lounge chairs by the pool and a row of seats in the theater it drives me crazy.

We just got back from 21-days on Star Princess. We couldn't get seats to several shows.
Old February 9th, 2008, 06:09 PM
First Mate

I would sit down and remind them of Princess policy and if they did not like find any of the cruise staff and ask them their policy .
Old February 12th, 2008, 11:56 PM
Familiar Face

Default Chair Hogs

Another answer is to enjoy the shows in the other venues. Part of the problem is that the Princess Theater on the Emerald is smaller and has less seats than other Princess ships.

Enjoy the Explorer and the Fusion Lounges.

Ruby Princess Transatlantic Oct. 2009
Ruby Princess Inaugural cruise Nov. 2008
Crown Princess Baltic Cruise May 2008
Emerald Princess Eastern Caribbean Jan. 2008
Emerald Princess Med./Transatlantic Oct. 2007
Celebrity Infinity South America Dec. 2006
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Passenger

Default Poolside Chair Hogs

One solution that works for me:

If I see a chair by the pool that has someones towel etc. on it, and it has been empty for sometime, I'll just neatly fold the towel, and place it on the deck. Then I pick up the chair and move it to the other side of the pool. When the chair hog eventually DOES return, they return to an empty space, and dont know who took the chair.
Old March 14th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahav
If you are coming into the theater and see these saved seats and can't find a seat, I would just remove the sweaters, or whatever is on those seats. If children are sitting around saving seats, then it's a problem to be taken up with the theater manager.

Well I must say that children can hardly be to blame, they are proably just under orders from their parents. There is no reason to call up the manger just to stop an child from saving seats. Can't you just do that yourself??? I mean, I hardly imagine a child standing up to an adult over such a stupid matter as this.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Passenger

I agree that whole rows of theater seats should not be saved, nor should sweaters be placed on a seat a half hour before the show. But, letting one's spouse go to the rest room or awaiting someone who had to inadvertently rush back to the cabin to get something important that was forgotten (like a camera) or medication, etc. is often necessary and should be allowed and tolerated.

As for the impossible situation with deck chairs - rampant on every ship, including posh ones like Oceania, I would like to see the old method of having 'reserved' deck chairs come back into vogue. In the 'good old days' you chose a chair in a spot you liked, sometimes paid a small fee, and the chair was yours for the duration of the cruise. Never a problem with anyone or any chair.

My husband and I now tend to avoid the decks so as not to get into a hassle with all the 'saving' folks. Also, the 'no saving' policy - which obviously does not and will never work - causes those of us who do manage to get a chair to be wary of going into the pool, getting up to get a snack, or going to the restroom, for fear of being accused of saving a chair. The whole practice needs re-thinking across the board in the cruise industry!!