CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Where do i get summer clothes in January?!?!?!? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/343736-where-do-i-get-summer-clothes-january.html)

cazz December 23rd, 2007 01:18 AM

Where do i get summer clothes in January?!?!?!?

So, we leave in a month and 4 days for the Caribbean, but I live in South Dakota...pretty much the opposite of the Caribbean! I want some shiny new clothes for the trip and also need a bathing suit. How do I go about that? Not sure I have time to do the on-line shopping thing, 'cuz if things don't fit, I don't have time to send them back and buy again. Also, I don't have any friends my size who are close enough to ask if I can wear their swimsuit. There may be no good answer to my question, but I appreciate anybody givin' it a shot!

gfleo December 23rd, 2007 08:51 AM

where are you leaving from?

skymaster December 23rd, 2007 09:46 AM

If you're sailing from one of our Florida ports, just come on down a day or two early, and do your shopping here before you sail. You should have no problem finding most anything you want in our stores, if you're willing to look around a bit. (Yes, they do change their stock from summer to winter, but you can still find most "stuff" if you look.)

Have a great cruise,

Ken
"Sky"

cazz December 23rd, 2007 10:25 AM

We're sailing from Miami, but we already have our plane tickets and we don't arrive there until late the night before we embark. Plus we have to transfer from Ft. Lauderdale. I don't think i'll have much shopping time in Miami. Thank you for trying though!

CA Cruiser December 23rd, 2007 12:16 PM

I would try shopping on line. Lands End, Target, Sears to name a few have year round clothes available even swimsuits. If you order now, maybe you can get in on the free holiday shipping.

Trip December 23rd, 2007 09:21 PM

Try ABLambdin.com. They have a nice selection.

CA Cruiser December 23rd, 2007 09:29 PM

I saw a whole section of swim suits at Macys today.

If I am not sure of the sizes I have the item sent in 2 sizes just in case. Good luck.

mehawk December 24th, 2007 05:17 PM

Most clothing stores that I have been in offer clothing for the next season while in the middle of the current season. :)

Divemaster December 24th, 2007 06:25 PM

Re: Where do i get summer clothes in January?!?!?!?

Try Land's End and buy multiple sizes/styles to assure fitting - keep the best, return the rest (check on return policy first). Also your ship will have at least one clothing shop aboard and you can also find a few the day of your cruise. Land's End may be the best bet, though. Have fun!

Dave<...<...<...<Eli Fort (of early 1900's Brule County) Believe a few of the Fort cousins are still up your way, but I've never met anyone from that side of the family excepting my dad's siblings and their kiddos. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazz
So, we leave in a month and 4 days for the Caribbean, but I live in South Dakota...pretty much the opposite of the Caribbean! I want some shiny new clothes for the trip and also need a bathing suit. How do I go about that? Not sure I have time to do the on-line shopping thing, 'cuz if things don't fit, I don't have time to send them back and buy again. Also, I don't have any friends my size who are close enough to ask if I can wear their swimsuit. There may be no good answer to my question, but I appreciate anybody givin' it a shot!

nmnita December 28th, 2007 06:45 PM

you really have little choice but to do the on line thing and just pray most of what you order fits.

Nita :wink:

Catherinexo December 30th, 2007 01:21 PM

the best for the latest fashion, but still not crazy expensive or CHEESY, try

www.beckersurf.com
the best.

Catherinexo December 30th, 2007 01:21 PM

the best for the latest fashion, but still not crazy expensive or CHEESY, try

www.beckersurf.com
the best.

Cruuuzer December 31st, 2007 12:54 AM

Measure yourself carefully and shop online. If you can afford to, buy two sizes of special items and return what does not fit. Alternatively, I did most of my December cruise shopping at Macy's from the clearance rack. Nothing like a pair of $4 bermudas marked down from $64. :)

You also should start to see some resort wear come into the stores now that the holidays are over. Bathing suits should be out very shortly.

cazz January 7th, 2008 10:33 PM

Thanks all!
beckersurf.com is awesome! Think i'll shop there all year. I found everything but a swimsuit. I'll just stick with my old one. It's hard enough to find a swimsuit when I try 'em on (I buy 1/2,000 that i try on!)
The tips were great, though.

burroughs January 9th, 2008 11:37 AM

Re: Where do i get summer clothes in January?!?!?!?

Wear your summer clothes - no one knows you, and you will never see them again... only those traveling with you.
If you wear a size xl - I'll mail you some of my summer clothes.
I have the same problem - except I need warm clothes for Feb. I have no winter clothes. Our cruise is to Antarctica.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cazz

cazz January 9th, 2008 09:06 PM

Yeah, good point burroughs! A cruise is no time for body issues. I plan on puttin' a major hurtin' on the buffets! Too bad we can't trade wardrobes. I have all my winter clothes out!
Have a blast! Sounds like a cool cruise.

shiploger January 12th, 2008 04:51 PM

Hi go for ebay. :D

cazz January 12th, 2008 11:54 PM

Good suggestion. I actually did and got a tank top and some cute board shorts. Also, some sunscreen with bug repellant. Ya think I'll be OK w/o deet? It's skin-so-soft....Well, we'll see!

lindazoo January 24th, 2008 12:43 PM

it is a trick isn't it????
I live in Oregon and face the same thing.
Well dig out what you have and use it.
You will stop in ports and can buy more.
Last resort the ship clothing prices are not bad and they have swimsuits as well.