Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2008, 11:08 PM
Familiar Face

Default Thinking of Crown Princess

Hi All,

I've been contemplating booking a cruise for my GF and I on the Crown Princess. I've heard good things about the Princess line from my parents as well as my sister and her husband, but I've never been on Princess before. I've been on one Voyager class ship with RCL but that's it. Primarily my main concern is the age of our fellow passengers (we're in our late 20's) but I've been told the demographics are pretty varied. At this point our selection is narrowed down to the Crown Princess or Adventure of the Seas through RCL.

In any case, we're looking at the week of March 8th 2008 but noticed that it appears nearly all of the balcony rooms are sold out with the exception of a category "BA" room gaurantee. I'm not crazy about booking a trip not knowing where they might stick us, but wanted to get some feedback on this from folks who are familiar with Princess' policies. If I were to book this what could I expect? Are there any rooms in category "BA" that I definitely wouldn't want?

I'm the type that can drive myself (and my girlfriend) crazy trying to make this type of decision so any input you can provide will be greatly appreciated. My girlfriend has no opinion, she just want's to go somewhere warm!
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

We haven't sailed the newest Crown Princess (we sailed the old Crown)...but I've heard nothing but good things about this ship.

And yes, the time of year and the itinerary tend to influence the demographics of the ship.

You might want to try the Meet on Board section on this forum, or

[/url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=540704http://<br /> <br /> Some pics of ...<br /> <br />http://www.flickr.com/photos/4425379...7594371314105/[/url]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4425379...7594369211363/

Other info you might find helpful about the Crown:

[/url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=697489http://<br /> <br /> Also, you can...this helps. :D
Old January 22nd, 2008, 07:11 PM
Passenger

Hi,

We sailed the Crown this past August and are going again on Feb 16th. Its a beautiful ship. I cannot speak firsthand about Balcony rooms, we typically get two inside cabins or oceanview to save money. For the amount of time spent in the cabin, we personally don't feel its worth the extra money. However, I would like to go the extra mile and get a mini suite some time, this primarily because the bathrooms are large and they have tubs.

The demographics on all the Princess cruises we have sailed were varied. I think you'll find a wide variety. Being a couple, I would advise hanging at the adult only pools. That's also a great way to meet other couples. Good luck
Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on Crown Princess this past October 2007 and we loved the ship. You will meet people of all ages, so that shouldn't be a concern. The staff and their service was amazing, and the food was wonderful. In my opinion there's nothing like having a baclony room. On the Crown Princess this happend to be our very first time we had a balcony room and we've decided we wouldn't go without one ever again. It's nice to come back to the room and sit outside on the balcony to relax. We had such an amazing room on the Crown, on the Riveria Deck, that each time we docked we got to see the ship pull up to the dock and tie up and saw them untie the ship when we were sailing away, great experience. Also we went on the Adventure of the Sea in 2006, it's another great ship, alot to offer people, especially the ice-shows, but I think the Crown was just a little better, probably because we enjoyed our balcony so very much. If you have the chance to book a balcony room I would recommend spending the extra money because it's worth every cent! Happy Cruising!!!

Jessie
CCL: Celebration 5/07
Crown Princess 10/07

Free Cruise Clocks
Old January 24th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was actually on the Crown last week and we had a very nice time. The ports were awesome to say the least. It was the most port intensive and best overall port cruise that I have been on. We were on the Eastern/Southern route. For our style and likes, we thought that the ship was about average. We had no complaints, but had nothing to jump up and down about. The overall cruise was GREAT but the ship was about average. We are in our early 30's and there were plenty of people our age on the cruise. These cruises are so port intensive that I don't think that the ship is the most important aspect. (I have never thought that in the past). This was our second cruise with Princess and I think we will stick to Carnival and RCCL. We just enjoy the more up tempo environment. Good luck and happy sailing!
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:30 PM
Familiar Face

We were just on Crown last week and it was our best cruise ever. We have been on 6 RCCL, 1 Celebrity and 2 Princess and would likely stick with Princess from now on. MUCH better service and food on Princess that RCCL IMHO. Demographic would be fine, lots of young people. Some older folks too, but you get that on RCCL as well. Lots of fun activities, parties, pool games. Re cabin, try putting yourself on a waiting list for the cabin you want. Lots of times after "final payment" is due, there are a lot of cancellations and you can get the cabin you want. We were in a balcony cabin on Caribe deck and loved it. Ship is gorgeous and there was always something to do, lots of live music, dancing, parties, it was a blast. Go for it.
Old February 1st, 2008, 11:02 AM
Familiar Face

Andy and I are booked on the Crowne the week after you. As I have posted several times about how much we love the Princess line, I won't gush on more. We love the aft balconies for the views when leaving ports and they are quite spacious. March is Spring Break season and there are always plenty of young people 20's, 30's, 40's and on.

There tons of mixers and lots of opprtunities to meet others in your age goup (we're in our 30's and have always had a great experience.)

But I will never forget the couple two cruises ago who were avid cruisers very much in their late 60's-mid 70's who were truly the life of the party on that boat. The woman brought a wash cloth from her room with her to every dance floor to dab her head because she and her husband cut a rug all cruise long. They were in the night club every night. I partied with them and was exhausted.

You'll both have a great time I bet!

John

Crowne Princess-March 15, 2008
Caribbean Princess-Spring Break 2007
Caribbean Princess-Spring Break 2006
Golden Princess-Spring Break 2005
Golden Princess-Spring Break 2004
Monarch of the Seas-Spring Break 2003