Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
Beginner

Default Emerald Deck-Diamond Princess

Can anyone tell me if the mini suites on Emerald Deck of the Diamond Princess are noisy? I notice they're situated above the Club Fusion. Also, this is our first cruise and we've been told our room will not be assigned until 30 days before the cruise. Is this normal and does it work out pretty well? I'm afraid I'll get an obstructed view with a lot of noise!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2008, 12:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

I just returned from the Diamond. I was in E721 and had friends in E731 and we didn't hear a thing.
The stage is toward the port side, you might hear something in those cabins but I doubt it. I found it to be very quiet unless you had noisy people in the hall and we had a door-slammer. They never shut the door, just let it slam closed. Unfortunately they were night-owls.
Old February 18th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Emerald Deck-Diamond Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyL
we've been told our room will not be assigned until 30 days before the cruise. Is this normal and does it work out pretty well? I'm afraid I'll get an obstructed view with a lot of noise!
Thanks!
This is normal as you have apparently booked a 'guarantee'. Have no fear of an obstructed room. You are paying for an unobstructed guarantee, that is what you will get. The way to know about your room, specifically, is to book a specific room, but you pay for the privilege.

We have booked several 'guarantees' and have never been disappointed.
Celebrity Horizon 2005 (Caribbean)
Sun Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2007 (Alaska)
Carnival Splendor 2008 (Mediterranean)