Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2008, 01:55 AM
Beginner

Default Question: Alcohol on Dawn Princess

I am heading on the Dawn Princess for University Spring Break on Feb 17-24. As I am a poor student, can you bring alcohol on board and if so how much. Also, I am wondering if there will be others my age on the boat. Im 23, and it is me and my roomate.
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2008, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Hi there,

If you take a look at the thread "A case of wine" in this section, you will see that any rule enforcement appears to be about as flexible as a rubber band on a hot day.

However there is a link provided (http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ies-090707.cfm) to the ships 'official lines' which is worth a read. For Princess, it states that they request that you DO NOT bring drink aboard.

Hope this helps,

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old February 11th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Familiar Face

Default "Alcohol" rules

Princess considers wine separately from the hard stuff. You can bring one bottle of wine per person onboard from any port.

However, if you choose to bring on, say a bottle of scotch or vodka, security will "hold" it for you until you disembark at the end of your cruise.

Princess has a broad range of passengers, so you will find folks your age on board. However, not as many as Carnival would attract.

Enjoy your cruise.
Old February 12th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Princess allows you buy bottles of alcohol from your stateroom, there will be a menu on the desk
Old February 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Will there be others your age? Probably but not many college kids will be out of school this time of year.

Booze, wine is fine, anything else is not allowed. Does this mean you can not bring booze on board, you may or may not get away with it, but if you do get caught it will be held for you until the last day of the cruise. Because it is the beginning of winter/spring break for the college crowd they will be checking a little closer.

Nita