Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Just a totally silly add on - Princess has the neatest coffee mugs for sale ! (the black ones with the gold lettering from the Golden Princess) Now that's a reason to sail Princess !
Adventure Of The Seas-05
Navigator Of The Seas-04
Carnival Paradise-04
Carnival Pride-03
Sea Princess-02
Soverign Of The Seas-02
Carnival Imagination-01
Carnival Destiny-00
Carnival Fascination-97
Big Red Boat-93
Nordic Prince-82
Old February 28th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisbum
No one is getting angry.They just don,t like the comment from the "trailer park"Get a life and by the way you should read some of the comments about the wonderful cruises on carnival and I am glad you pointed out you are a beginner as it fits your general comments.
Oh, I am! Getting mad, that is. Makes me want an ignore key on this board.. but I simply won't bother with Britt's comments ever again.

I think that the Cruise lines are on a more common ground than in the past; and also more affordable. I also think each ship's crew, decor, organization, etc are as important as the line. I've been on the Glory twice.. first time was just out of drydock and awful.. Second trip was wonderful.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old February 29th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to masonla

DH & I took our first cruise together (my 2nd, DH's 1st) on the Diamond Princess in Sept. 06 to the Mexican Riviera and we had a WONDERFUL time. We wouldn't change a thing about it. Granite, some of the pool games were kind of cheesy but we watched and laughed our tooshies off @ the comedy of it all. We liked the fact that the ship was soo large that you could barely tell there were 2600+ people on the ship. The shows were phenomenal as was the food and service. Everyone we met was so nice. We even met 5 couples who we stay in touch with even to this day. If you go PCL and dining is a concern, take the early seating that way you can do the shows. Again, granite early seating is I think 6 (don't remember exactly) but we were glad b/c we got in quite quickly to see the shows right after dinner. We even played BINGO a time or two. Oh and did I mention I entered a Karoke contest. DH and I are coming up on our 5th anniversary and considering taking a Hawaiian cruise this time and we'll definitely be going with PCL. The entertainment staff was great too. They kept us entertained. We really enjoyed the ADULT only pool toward the front of the ship although ½ the time you didn’t even realize there were children on board b/c most of the time the pools were deserted. The best time we had by the pool late in the evening we went to the pool in the back of the ship, NOONE was around and we had the pool and the hot tubs all to ourselves.

Oh and I HIGHLY recommend snorkeling in CABO (if you are going there).

As for the shore excursions, we did some snorkeling in Cabo San Lucas. Mazatlan we got a taxi and he took us around the island, we carpooled with 4 young ladies in a caravan on our own (didn’t take the PCL tour) and we felt really safe. We even got a tour of a tequila factory. In Puerto Vallarta we took one of the tours PCL offered, it was OK but the driver dropped us off right in the middle of “tourist town? where we were hounded by all the vendors to buy their stuff. That’s one thing that irritated us the most. Of course I fault that in no way on Princess. And then when we got back to the resort to have lunch, vendors were down @ the beach but couldn’t come up to the wall of the resort, but once you made your way down toward the beach to go swimming, they swarmed like flies on poop.

HOLY CRAP, I could go on and on about our trip but I won’t bore you.

OH AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, look at your bar tabs before you sign the receipt. DH didn’t and we were charged a time or two more than what was supposed to be charged. So look at ALL receipts no matter what.

As a poster above said, take it for what it is. A cruise is all in what you make of it, you focus on the negative, you get nothing but negative, you focus on the positive, you get positive.

Anyway, have a wonderful trip and focus on the positives, not the negatives and make the best of your vacation. I’ve been on carnival but that was a long time ago and I was younger (early 20’s) and it was fun. Anyway, have fun and keep doing research.

Now I've only been on 2 cruises and by far I felt that Princess was great. JMO though.

Good luck and have fun, fun, fun!!!!
Old March 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Beginner

We have sailed Carnival (years ago on an older ship and will never cruise Carnival again), HAL (nice ship but older crowd), Princess and Celebrity. Of all we enjoyed Princess and Celebrity the most. All age ranges on the ship, good food, nice entertainment, happy and helpful staff. We now try to cruise Princess exclusively in their mini-suites (comfortable size).

Just my opinion.
Old March 16th, 2008, 09:32 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificHeights7
You were wise to give up on Carnival. It (along with one other cruise line) has the highest "neon factor" of any of the lines. Princess has a slightly lower "neon factor" than RCCL.
In all the debates we have participated in regarding which cruise line is superior/inferior, we have searched for a narrative that best describes the differences and surely "neon factor" is it. Many thanks.
Old March 17th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff of Torrance
out of curiosity what NCL ship were you on and when? This doesn't sound like the ones we have sailed on. Well, the food part, which is very subjective, maybe, but the rest not.

We were on the Norwegian Star a about two or three years ago, on an 8-day Mexican Riviera cruise. Mostly it was fine, but just not as nice as the rest of our cruises on RCCL, Celebrity, and Princess. We thought that the main dining room food was OK, but pretty uneven. Some nights it was pretty good, and some nights not very good. The "included" (no extra cost) dining venues were definitely not very good, in our opinion. We didn't try any of the extra-cost dining opportunities.
I have to agree with you about the food especially on the Star but it was the bozo comment that rather surprised me. We did love Endless Summer by the way. I am hoping the new implementation of freestyle 2.0 will help the quality of the food.

Of ourse we all have our ideas about cruise lines, that is why there are so many and so many views here. For us, NCL and HAL are at the top of the list for very different reasons. We haven't sailed RCI recently so I can't judge one way or the other. Carnival is not our thing, that does not mean there is anything wrong with the line and Princess was a disappointment o us. We would still cruise the line again as I am hoping it was just one bad experience. Many love Princess.

Nita