Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Beginner

Default Thermal Suite onboard the Caribbean Princess

My husband and I were onboard the CB over New Years and bought a pass for the Thermal Suite in the Lotus Spa. After a very quick tour of the facility, we purchased the couple's pass for the cruise duration. It was a huge disappointment. The stone recliners were frequently occupied, requiring us to wait. The rainforest shower was simply a light cold shower, something anyone could duplicate with most home showers. The aromatherapy steam room, while big on steam, lacked aroma, at least the kind you would want to be inhaling. Perhaps, the biggest criticism of this facility would be its placement directly below the basketball court, hardly the kind of ambience one would want to create in a spa facility. The pounding was awful.

The spa facility is contracted out and as a result Princess declined any discussion concerning compensation. I approached the spa manager and shared with him my numerous concerns, having used the facility for the day and being very reluctant to return to is during the next few days. We arrived at a compromise which involved us paying for a one day pass and him crediting us for the remainder of the fee we had paid to use it for the week.

I should point out that the Spa is located next to a lovely pool with a door leading out to the pool. This door is locked at all times, requiring spa users to manuever a series of stairs and decks to access the pool, which is open to all. They do this in order to prevent non-spa patrons from accessing the indoor facility. Posting an employee in the waiting area, leading to the pool, to check for spa passes would alleviate this inconvenience, but sadly Princess would rather use their resources elsewhere.

Anyone out there who has encountered the same concerns about the suite and the facility?
Sponsored Links