CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Why no Princes Cruise TV commercials? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/346739-why-no-princes-cruise-tv-commercials.html)

CJL February 15th, 2008 02:31 PM

Why no Princes Cruise TV commercials?

I see Carnival, NCL & Royal Caribbean TV commercials, but no Princes Cruises. Does anyone know why? Really miss jumping up and down with excitement when I see the cruise line I will be on. LOL

mehawk February 15th, 2008 03:01 PM

I have seen them but not lately.

Irish Shark February 15th, 2008 03:18 PM

I am seeing more Carnival ads. Princess used to run them, but I have not seen any for about a month.

Maybe after they are done with Carnival, they will rotate to another line owned by Carnival.

skymaster February 16th, 2008 11:39 AM

Perhaps the Princess ships are all sailing full, and they don't need to spend the big bucks to add more passengers. 8)

Ken
"Sky"

Princesscruisers February 22nd, 2008 06:53 PM

I'M WITH YOU SKY ON THAT ONE!

richstacy February 23rd, 2008 05:43 PM

Princess and Holland and Crystal, and others don't need to advertise to fill thier ships. Word of mouth does that.

Carnival, NCL and RCL appeal more to first timers.

Thegreatpumpkin March 4th, 2008 09:07 AM

I will tell you why compared to the other ships especially carnival princess does not cater to the young crowd partying being loud etc.

Nurse Debra March 4th, 2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richstacy
Princess and Holland and Crystal, and others don't need to advertise to fill thier ships. Word of mouth does that.

Carnival, NCL and RCL appeal more to first timers.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Word of mouth from satisfied passengers is the great advertising for Princess. My thought is that Celebrity and RCL depend on attracting first time customers to fill their cruise ships. Many passengers have been reporting less than great cruises, especially on Celebrity and I think that fact may well be the reason for the need for increased advertising by these cruise lines.

RichC March 5th, 2008 10:33 PM

The worse the line the more the advertizing- Carnival... NCL... But what surprises me is the amount of ad's from RCI.

justgr8fl2cruise March 5th, 2008 11:13 PM

Although I haven't seen any Princess ads on TV I have seen them all over the net lately.

When I log into my e-mail there is a Princess ad right on the log-in page. I've seen them a lot lately on other web pages as well.

campari231 March 15th, 2008 12:13 AM

Princess Commercials

I just returned from Celebrity Millennium and I must say I was not thrilled with that cruise. I saw a big decline in service and food quality just from our last cruise on the same ship last March. They keep stressing quality and service but there was a lack of it. I thought the food selection for dinner was boring. Nothing excited me and I ended up eating the broiled salmon 5 of the7 nites. We did do the Olympic dining but it was nice but I wouldn't go nuts as some people have. I guess everyone has different taste. We are booked on the Crown Princess for oct 5 because that was the only thing that fit our plans. Please tell me I won't hate it! I keep reading bad stuff about the crowds and food. HELP
thanks 8)

timetocruise March 15th, 2008 09:12 AM

So sorry you didn't have a good cruise experience with Celebrity. I think you wil LOVE the Crown Princess. We sailed on the Crown last November and thought it was our best cruise so far. We liked it so much that we booked another cruise on the same ship in November. I found the service to be exceptional. The crew was always courteous and helpful. Hope you enjoy your next cruise.